Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Friday~

"But, we might not even get in. You know we're not popular, right?" I tried convincing Niall that attending the party was a bad idea, but he wouldn't budge. He was sure we would get in and have the best time of our lives.

We were currently walking to our last period, P.E., my heart fluttering at the thought of getting to see Harry soon.

"Of course I do, but have they ever bullied us?"

I bit my bottom lip. I wanted to tell him the truth that, yes, they had bullied us... or me. Zayn only did when he was alone, and he usually wasn't, so it didn't happen often, but that was beside the point.

"No." I lied.

"Then what could possibly happen?" Niall asked, looking at me with questioning eyes.

I stopped in my tracks and stared at him. "The question is, what could not happen? They will most likely kick us out while laughing at us."

He rolled his eyes.

"Niall, this is serious! I don't want to be humiliated in front of the whole school."

He placed his hands on my shoulders. "You won't be, trust me."

I sighed. "I hope you're right, or else I'll have your head, okay?"

He nodded. "Okay."

We went to the locker room, stripping off our clothes to put on the sports clothing instead. Harry hadn't arrived as we walked into the gym, and I tried to hide my disappointment, but I was quite sure Niall noticed it because a smile formed on his lips and nudged my side while simultaneously trying not to chuckle.

I shot him a glare and walked over to where the other students in our class were gathered.

Eventually, when there was just a minute left before the period would start, Harry and Ben arrived. They jogged over to us and looked at Mrs. Martin.

"We're not late, are we?" Ben smirked.

Mrs. Martin glared at them and blew her whistle.

"Today, we're going to play badminton, but before we do that, you're running four laps around the hall. Let's go."

-----

We played in pairs. Double, to be more exact. I was lucky to be paired with Hannah. None of us were good at sports, so I didn't let her down when I missed the birdie with my racket almost every time.

The only annoying thing about Hannah was that she was a bit too clingy, but only when it came to me. We had been together three years ago, before I figured out that I was gay and madly in love with Harry. She was sad when I broke it off, but that was three years ago. She should have moved on by now.

"Louis, would you please go out with me? I still like you, and I know you have feelings for me too." She held on to my arm, tugging on it.

I sighed heavily. "Hannah. You know I'm gay, right?"

When she didn't reply, I continued, "I'm sorry, but I don't have feelings for you anymore. You should move on and find a nice guy who really likes you. Even better, find one that is straight." I bit my bottom lip. It felt like I was talking to a three-year-old...

She glared at me and let go of my arm before walking away.

I had to bite my tongue not to say anything else out loud, but it was tough. She was one of a kind.