Chapter 6

Chapter 6

As I woke up, I felt a throbbing pain in my left cheek. I reached my hand up to touch it and to my surprise, it was covered with a bandage. I furrowed my eyebrows and thought of what had happened last night... Party... Niall and Liam.... Zayn.... Punches... Kicks.... Harry... Wait. Harry! We'd had our first conversation last night! Then Zayn had beaten me up, and Harry had taken care of me...

Wait, how come I was lying in my own bed right now? As far as I could remember, I had fallen asleep on a toilet seat while Harry had taken care of my cuts. So how had I ended up here? Unless someone had called a cab and taken me home somehow, that is...

Hmm, that must be it, because there were no other options. But who had done it? I doubted it'd been Niall, he'd been too caught up in Liam. So, then there was just one person left, and that was Harry. Did he really care enough about me to help me get home? If so, he was the most perfect, beautiful, and sweetest person I'd ever met, and my heart couldn't help but flutter at this fact.

Of course he is, didn't you already know that? Deep inside I know you did.

Those words made me smile. Perhaps I had always known that he was a wonderful person?

I got out of bed, and made my way downstairs to the living room.

"Loooouuuiiisss," two girls squealed when they came running towards me.

My face broke out into a smile at the sight of Daisy and Phoebe, and I bent down to hug them both. They were twins and the two youngest of my four sisters.

"Good morning, girls. Sleep well?"

I loved all of my sisters to bits, even though I didn't show my love as much to Lottie and Fizzy anymore. They would probably hit me if I tried to hug them the way I hugged Daisy and Phoebe...

Daisy nodded with a smile on her lips, but Phoebe furrowed her eyebrows and didn't make eye contact with me.

"What's wrong, Phoebe? Did you have a nightmare?" I asked concerned.

She shook her head. "No, but y-your cheek, Lou. What happened?" I reached my hand up to touch it instinctively, and then it hit me.

My eyes widened, and I ran to the bathroom as fast as possible. How could I have forgotten? What if mum would've seen me with the bandage? She couldn't know that I'd gotten beaten up because she would freak out, I swear.

As soon as I was standing in front of the mirror, I ripped the bandage off to see a long cut across my left cheek. I gasped. No way I could go out like this!

I searched the drawers and cabinets for some make-up, and no, I wasn't a girl, but this was necessary. I needed to cover the horrible cut up.

Once I found some kind of concealer, I smeared some of it over the bruise on my left cheek. When I decided it looked decent, I walked out of the bathroom and headed back to my sisters who were still in the living room.

"Nothing happened to my cheek, I just... Niall thought it would be fun to scare you guys since it was my first party. I didn't though, and would have taken it off as soon as I woke up if I had just remembered to," I lied. I didn't want to blame everything on Niall because he was completely innocent, but I had to come up with something.

"Oh, then I'm gonna hit him in the face next time he comes over, because that wasn't funny at all-" Phoebe frowned.

I chuckled slightly. "Do so if you want." I knew Niall wouldn't get hurt anyway, so why not just play along with her?

"Breakfast's ready," mum suddenly shouted from the kitchen.

"Coming," I replied, picking up Daisy and Phoebe and carrying them to the kitchen.