Chapter 17

Chapter 17

**Louis' POV**

What the hell just happened? Harry kissed me? And we confessed our love for each other? Oh my God. He loved me. He actually loved me! That was unbelievable. I never thought that this was ever going to happen. We'd kissed! Not only once, but twice! I was literally in heaven.

We were currently standing a few yards away from one of the goals on the field and a ball was placed in front of my feet. I could never be as good at football as Harry told me I was going to be. Everybody knew I was bad at sports, so why even try when I already had tried so many times before? Well, this time I did it with Harry, so maybe things would go better now...? Eh, probably not.

"So, we'll start with something simple, if that's okay?" Harry smiled at me.

I nodded, looking down at the ball that just looked so dangerous. I know, I'm weird...

"We'll just start with passing the football to each other."

"Okay," I mumbled, backing a few steps so there was a little distance between us.

Harry passed the ball to me and I literally panicked. I squealed and jumped as the ball rolled over to me, so it kept rolling until it lost its pace and stopped behind me.

I turned to look at Harry shyly. "I'm sorry...?" I blushed.

He shook his head and jogged over to me, chuckling. "You're really scared of touching the football, aren't you?" he laughed, kissing my temple.

Tingles went through my body and shivers ran down my spine. What this boy did to me...

I nodded, looking up at him.

"You're too adorable, I swear," he said with a smile and pecked my lips before jogging over to fetch the ball.

When he came back, he placed it in front of me again. What would actually happen if I touched it? Well, the most likely thing to happen would be that I fell over... I always slipped on the ball or something in these kinds of situations.

I thought back to that time when I had been about to kick the ball but had got distracted by Harry who had been leaning against a wall, talking to some girl. I'd slipped before I'd even touched the ball...

I suddenly tensed up, and this time it wasn't because I would soon lie on the grass, grimacing at the pain that would shoot through my body. No, it was because of something worse, much worse. Harry had been standing there, talking to a girl. Not that that was anything unusual, but it reminded me of something. Harry had a girlfriend at this very moment, while he was here, confessing his love for me.

Harry noticed my sudden silence and placed his hands on my shoulders, looking me deep in the eyes. "Louis, what happened? If you don't want to do this, it's okay, we can j--"

"No," I cut him off. "It's not that. It's just... I just remembered something important," I mumbled.

"Would you mind me asking what this thing is?"

I took a deep breath. "I knew you didn't love me," I said, turning around to start walking away from the field.

I knew this was too good to be true. I was just a piece of his game he played every day. Maybe I was even an experiment to see if he liked boys. However, the most important thing right now was that he didn't love me.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. Of course he didn't love me! How could he? He was just too perfect to ever be mine.

Before I had even taken ten steps from him, a hand grabbed my arm and turned me around. I looked into the prettiest eyes I'd ever seen in my life, and would ever see. They were just pure perfection, and I was so in love with them, and the body and soul that belonged to them.