Chapter 5 - Going Down For Real Part 2

Vincent's POV

"What's up, Scott?" I couldn't help but feel guilty. He was tearing up, frowning and looking at Alois and I. He simply grabbed my arm with an iron grip and dragged me somewhere isolated.

"Do you love Alois?" He asked shakily. The look on his face was pure pain and melancholy. It hurt me but not as much as it must hurt him. "ANSWER MY QUESTION!" He screamed, tears finally streaming down his face.

"W-what?" I asked, shocked. "Scott, no. Alois is my best friend, I don't love him like that! Scott, that's just how Alois and I act in front of others. I thought you would be able to tell... Besides, Scott, I thought you wouldn't mind. After all, you said we were friends." I explain.

"You're such an idiot! I only said that because I didn't know you liked me!" He shouted. I was furious now. How could he not know?

"You didn't know? YOU DIDN'T KNOW? WHAT ABOUT EVERY TIME I KISSED YOU? WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT WAS?" I shouted.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT! YOU TOLD ME YOU'VE DATED EVERYONE SO I THOUGHT YOU WERE TOYING WITH ME!"

"I thought you would be able to tell what I felt. I thought you would know. I guess I was wrong." I sighed and walked away somberly.

"Hey, Grape, what's wrong?" Mike asked, coming up next to me.

"What do you mean, love~?" I purr with my usual fake smile.

"Why do you do that? Jeremy, Alois and you. You guys do this thing to hide what you feel. It's so annoying. Grape, what's wrong?" He asked again.

"I don't even know anymore... So much is wrong with me..." I tear up and look down so that my hair covers my moist eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Look, you hurt everyone, including yourself. I am willing to put that aside if you let me. What do you say?"

"Scott thought I liked Alois because of the way we were acting. Scott didn't know I love him. He thought I was playing with him like everyone else. Every time I kissed him, he thought it was a joke. He thought it meant nothing to me! He called me friend so many times because he thought I didn't love him!" I fall to my knees and sob. Mike hugged me kind of awkwardly, as if he'd never done this before.

"Everything will be okay. Give it a while and then apologize." He advised.

"Why do I have to apologize?" I questioned.

"You can't just expect him to know what you're feeling. He's quite perceptive," Mike began. He pulled away from the hug. "But he ain't no mind reader, gurl!" Mike finished sassily, snapping his fingers in a z formation. I giggled at this.

"You know, Mike, I didn't break up with you because I didn't care for you. I broke up with you because I thought of you as a brother." I smiled genuinely at him.

"That definitely takes away some of the pain." He replied while smiling back at me. He helped me up and we walked to the group. Or not.

"Hey, where's Jeremy and Fritz? And why is your mouth stuffed with doughnuts?" I asked Alois.

"Jeremy and Fritz went to talk to Scott. And Fritz spent a lot of time feeding me doughnuts. You know the Pocky Game? I won the Doughnut Game." Alois explained.

"Cool." Mike gave Alois a thumbs up.

"What's up with you and Fritz? You act so weird around him." I asked. I was still curious.

"I-I don't know... It's s-something about him t-that drives m-me c-crazy..." He responded quietly.

"You like Fritz." I responded, sticking my tongue out childishly.
"That's ridiculous. I am incapable of feeling anything anymore." Alois sounded so robotic at that very moment.

"You're ridiculous." I replied.

"And so are you." Scott said from behind me.

Scott's POV (After the fight)

"Scott!" A muffled voice said from behind me.

"Yeah?" I reply, looking behind me.

"L-look, you c-can't be m-m-mad a-at V-Vincent!" Jeremy stuttered.

"Why not? He thinks I know everything! He said he wasn't playing with me but I don't know that!! When he was with you guys, he was playing! You guys were toys! You meant nothing! How do I know I don't mean anything to him? How do I know I'm not just part of the game he plays?" I screamed. At this point, I was in tears. I was full on sobbing as both Fritz and Jeremy patted my back to console me. "I-i'm sorry... I shouldn't have said any of that... It's just that Vincent drives me crazy sometimes."

"Scott, it's okay."

"Y-yeah... W-we c-can't b-b-blame you... I-it's the t-truth."

"I still feel bad... Anyways, what do I do now?" I ask, looking up at them both.

"You tell him what's wrong. You tell him what you're feeling. I'm sure he'll apologize then." Fritz answered.

"A-and i-if he d-doesn't, t-try ignoring h-him. T-that always m-makes him f-f-feel guilty." Jeremy added.

"Okay." I nodded and thanked them. I went to go talk to Vincent.

"You're ridiculous." I heard him say.

"And so are you." I said, directly behind him now.
________________________
Sorry it's so short. I hope you enjoyed and please correct any mistakes! I would like to start something with you guys. If you can guess about how many words long the chapter is, I will dedicate the next chapter to you. Thank you, bye!! 💜