(2)

"Monsters will always exist. There's one inside each of us. But an angel lives there, too. There is no more important agenda than figuring out how to slay one and nurture the other." - Jacqueline Novagratz

Renee was furious by my statement, her eyes flickering with uncontrollable emotions. She gripped her sword causing a lump to be stuck in my throat since I knew I couldn't come through with what I said.

I angled myself around her. Using tactical movements, as much as I could do under the circumstances. Considering I sucked at thinking, more of a impulse person. I tended to go with the flow and see where my feet brought me.

I was abruptly cut from my trance when Renee's sword swung upwards at me. Narrowinyly missing my nose but sending a sharp shiver down my spine. A strangled gasp left my mouth and I stumbled backwards giving Renee a glare.

Okay, I take that back. I'm not a impulse, thinking nor a go with flow type of person. I'm a jumbled mess.

She only smirked releasing a small laugh. "Maybe if you stopped spacing out, you wouldn't make this as easy as it is."

Her words sent a even deeper chill through me and I gulped back the fear. Shaking my head, I gnawed on my bottom lip out of pure habit eyeing her carefully keeping a more aware mind from now on.

My only option right now was to make her mess up. To do that, is would have to make her angry.

"Renee, your Mom would be so proud." I said in a tantalizing tone arching an eyebrow at her.

She fumed instantly and I smirked internally. Her face tinted red and her eyes glinted over, her Lycan beginning to take over from her sudden anger.

Her mom always brought this upon her which is why I was repulsed at myself for using it against her. Her mom despised the way Lycans lived, so she left everything behind; including her one and only daughter. But Renee swore to her mom that she wouldn't become like her Father, unfortunately she was closer than she thought.

Which is why she was near change right now.

"Scout, I'm going to enjoy this so much." She growled kicking off the ground and coming out at me so fast that I blinked rapidly to help me adjust.

Her sword clashed against my dagger. Her full strength overpowering my own and my resolve to not hurt her was weakening me unconsciously. I gripped the dagger with my other hand when my legs began to quiver. Somehow hoping that would help, it didn't.

Renee eventually propelled into me sending us bother to the ground. The wind was knocked out of me along with both our weapons. My mind shook from dizziness and I came too quite fast when I realized Renee was straddling me only to feel very feint.

My eyes grew large when I felt two hands encircled around my throat and I realized the light headed feeling that was making me feel feint, was because my best friend was choking me.

The wound that she gave me earlier was already healed. I was scared of how far she was actually going this time. She was indeed trying to end my life.

The sudden revelation was too much of a shock that my body wouldn't budge to reserve itself. Pitiful tears swarmed my eyes and I gasped for a weak breath when Renees grip became stronger.