(7)

"Being brave isn't the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it." - Bear Grylls

Travis and I were in a open area of Rogue territory. We were lucky to find a perfect place to rest for awhile beside this stream. There wasn't much plant life since it was slightly off the trail so there was mostly rocks that surrouneded the stream on either side. The scents here weren't as strong as before either and I could barely smell those things from before.

Still, I wondered what they were?

My hand glided back and forth effortlessly in water, that gently hit the rock that I was knelt upon. I gazed at the fish that were transparent in the water but gladly avoided my hand. I sneezed when something got caught in nostril and I pushed myself away from the stream rubbing my nose.

Only to sneeze again.

"Someone must be talking about me," I said under my breath giving Travis a glance, covering my yawn inside his coat.

He was lounging in the evening sun on the hard rock completely ignoring me, thankfully I was doing the same this time. His skin glinted with sweat from our long trek as did mine. I eyed him curiously wondering why I had this sudden pull towards him.

Without thinking much about what I was doing, I realized only too late that I was leaning over him. I was definitely in his personal space hoping that he was asleep as I creepily stared at him.

What am I doing?

I knew I was suppose to do something, this pull made me come over here except I've never been this close to a guy before. All the ones in the Tribe assumed I was lesbian due to always being around Renee, which was dumb now that I think about it.

"What are you doing, brat?"

My throat clogged up and my eyes grew wide. I didn't know how to justify my actions except by how red my face was becoming from being caught. Deciding that it was best to escape the situation, I shifted backwards only to be grabbed by the wrist.

I gave him a confused glance that only increased, along with my blush when he tugged me towards him. His chest was hard and I could feel his heart beat under my ear pulsing through me. I swallowed thickly not sure where to place my hands that timidly brushed against his shoulders.

"T-Travis?" I questioned only to be ignored.

My body stiffened gradually from no reply and I opened my mouth only to close it shut in anxiety. Sparks were erupting everywhere and I yawned trying to keep awake. I wanted to know why he was doing this, was it some ploy?

"Relax, brat," He murmured and I flinched when his hand slid through my hair, tentatively untangling it.

It was just as good as last time and made me calm except due to the postion I was in. My legs in between his and his left arm encircling me to keep me closer than necessary; I knew it would take longer for me to relax. I felt glad that he couldn't feel the scars covering my back, although I knew he most likely saw them and was probably disgusted.

"Just keep your trap shut, they might not come down if they don't smell nor hear you." He looked around and only then did I catch a whiff of them, the Tribe warriors from earlier. Most likely whatever happened just now must have disrupted my senses.