(10)

"No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future." -Anonymous

Similar scents to Travis filled my nostril and I eagerly sniffed harder staring off into different directions. I wondered where they came from and I knew we were edging closer to wherever they did. The breeze was much more controlled here and there was less trees as we left the confinement of the forest.

Travis gripped me backwards causing me to yelp indignantly. I glared at him for bruising my shoulder trying to shrug him off except his glare shut me down.

"You're like a fucking dog, brat. Calm down." He growled pulling me even closer to him so that our arms touched.

I frowned upwards at his face. "I'm not a dog, you're more dog than me."

His eyes narrowed at me and he maturely ignored the insult looking straight ahead. "Look, up ahead is a human town and once there we'll find my friend-"

I stared at him dubiously. "You have friends?"

"Shut up and listen, you little Shit," He said annoyed and I smirked knowing I irked him. "My friend will help keep us safe, the Lycans shouldn't follow us here but in the meantime you'll have to remain unknown."

Unconsciously I bit my lip, cocking my head. "Unknown?"

"Meaning you can't let anyone know what you are, brat. If they get even a inkling," His eyebrows furrowed and he licked lips. "Well, lets just say we'll be in deep Shit. More than we already are anyway."

I nodded feeling slightly offended. "What 'bout you?"

"They don't mind shifters, Lycans are the dangerous ones," His eyes turned to me and he raised an eyebrow at me. "You should be safe then brat."

A few seconds past before I childishly stomped my foot. My lips turned downwards and I poked his chest furiously.

"I'll have you know, I'm very dangerous ass-"

My words abruptly cut off by my screaming when my whole body was upturned and I landed with a oomph onto the ground. I winced against the slight pain letting out a groan when I leaned upwards probably too quickly causing me to feel slightly disoriented. My hair was a complete mess when I tried, but failed, to untangle it and I knew my clothes were smeared with dirt as well.

"Ow, what the hell asshole," I whined giving Travis the most dirtiest glance I could muster feeling every muscle in my body crack uncomfortably when I stretched.

"I'm gonna fucking end you.. once I'm fed." I hissed biting my lip when my stomach growled from hunger and my cheeks flushed.

Shit, that totally ruined the theme I was going for.

His lips twitched from my threat and his hand reached forward and he smoothed down my hair. He completely ignored my warning ruffling my hair almost tentatively which was the complete opposite of what he just did.

"Yeah, you're totally dangerous."

-

"Whoa.." I stated amazed at the wooden entrance to the human city. There was barely any plant life here. The ground was cracked and dry except for a few brown grass patches. Although there was a fairly calming breeze that brought along the smell of salt and humans. There was a rhythmic booming sound from inside the walls and it stung my ears.