(12)

"The day of my birth, my death began it's walk. It is walking towards me, without hurrying." - Jean Cocteau

(ALSO PIC ABOVE IS TRAVIS)

The wolf snarled showcasing his canines that he swiped with his wet tongue. He seemed hungry and viscious making me briefly wonder if he was an actual wolf. But his brown eyes gave away his werewolf heritage, so his display baffled me since he must know eating ones kind was tabboo. Preferably upon shifters such as himself or Travis. Speaking of Travis, I switched to face him and he seemed annoyed but that wasn't new.

I couldn't help but ask though biting my lip. "What's wrong with him?"

Travis glanced at me furrowing his brows and running a hand through his messy locks. He was thoughtful for a moment before sighing returning his eyes back to the matter at hand. Still no response. I became worried after that and watched him keeping one eyes on the white wolf. Travis being speechless was phenomenal and I could almost laugh if it wasn't under such circumstances.  Although he could be just ignoring me, like always.

I frowned narrowing my eyes at the wolf analysing him. His actions were reflecting a crazed wolf, one that completely threw away his humanity and embraced his inner monster. That could explain this situation and how he kept eyeing me in particular. But I don't feel like getting eaten today and did he not realize I wasn't a shifter. It could be my female hormonal scent though and I gagged at the thought that this wolf wasn't hungry, but horny.

"Scout, listen to me. Okay?" Travis said under his breath giving me a glare that made me nod uncomfortably.

He took my awkward nod as a yes and glanced at our surroundings sniffing softly and briefly taking his eyes off the white wolf. "There's four others so we're definitely outnumbered but I can possibly take three of them, now, do you think you can take two?"

I gulped back my nerves and rubbed my sweaty palms together. I hated how nervous I became under these situations and I struggled to answer not knowing if I could indeed take two down. My earlier confidence gone down the drain of self doubt. I licked my chapped lips and nodded hesitantly.

Ironically, four more of the appeared behind us and I knew the fear could be smelt off me. Their eyes instantly locking onto me and I subconsciously shifted closer to Travis who was growling viciously and his eyes turning a deeper shade of black. His eyes were slowly glazing over and I realized he was growing angrier and I revelled in the fact he was on my side. I took a step back when he bent downwards angling him closer to the white wolf and a dark grey one.

I was gob smacked as I watched him shift before my eyes. His bones cracking and reshaping as he became a wolf. Blood dripped to the ground earning another black wolves attention and he seemed bloodthirsty as he pounded forward and Travis's name tore from my throat when I realized that he was aiming him. Not giving him the chance to fully shift. Except the black wolf failed to realize that he was too brash and Travis in his full wolf glory did a full turn expertly dodging and sliding bacwards.

He snarled at him egging him on but the black wolf was currently lapping up Travis's blood like water. That angered me greatly that I wanted to -rIp hiM To sHredS - kick him but I refrained from my actions and I reluctantly turned away from Travis knowing full well he could handle himself. My sudden malicious thoughts were scaring me and I concentrated on the two wolves in front of me. They were staring at me intently as if I was going to disappear which I wish would happen.