(3)

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

My father stood in front me. His words sending jolts of unwanted fear and a feeling of foreboding through me. The stadium instantly became frozen at the sight of their beloved Alpha.

I struggled at what to say. My earlier courage and revelation gone down the drain along with my vocal cords. My throat was dry just like the ever growing tension that built around us. I bit my lip eyeing my father who stared at me like I was ant waiting to be squashed under his boot.

"Yet again, you seize to amaze me with how easily you can disappoint me," His words were calculating and nearly void of emotion.

His took a step forward narrowing his eyes. "Not only did you fail this trial by not killing your lifelong partner. You also embarrassed me greatly, which is unacceptable Scout."

If this was any other Lycan, I would have rolled my eyes but this was my father and I knew not to mess with him.

I kept my mouth shut. My eyes adverted towards Renee who was unconscious and being dragged off the field by two trial members. For a second I watched the, gulping when the gate slammed shut again leaving me here to face my doom. I definitely was reverting back to my cowardly self when I bowed my head shamefully avoiding eye contact. The Lycan part of me waning from his Alpha tone and the actual me shitting their pants.

My heart was echoing in my ears when I felt my father come closer and my fear grew. His scent was like all other Lycans, wet tree bark, except you could sense the power radiating off of him and could tell he was a Alpha by having a single white string of hair. And, the only way to gain that title is to kill him, even if you're related to him. Unless you wait till he retires and considering I'm the next of kin then that title would be passed down to me.

I forced myself away from my thoughts, gulping when my fathers bulky figure overshadowed mine. My palms became moist and I licked my sudden chapped lips. I could feel him breathing heavily through gritted teeth indicating his anger.

"Scout, do you have anything to say for yourself?"

Tentatively, I glanced up at him flinching under his stoic gaze. I opened my mouth slowly stuttering how the words.

"I..I'm sorry?"

His eyes seemed to become darker by my words especially since I said it questionably.

Fuck, Scout you idiot.

A yelp left my mouth when I was flung to the side. The world being upturned for a second until I slammed into the ground. My ribs groaned under the force and I whimpered when my neck screamed in pain and I knew that it was definitely fractured this time.

Tears filled my eyes at the entertained cheers, my cheek stinging from my fathers smack. I pushed myself up only to feel my ribs crack when a harsh kick was delivered to my chest sending me sliding sideways and rolling to a stop causing dust to form in the air. My lungs felt restricted and I breathed in and out ruggedly wincing when my neck cried out each time.

"Sorry, that's all you have to say. You have even more guts than I thought." Father hissed venomously standing over my quivering form.

I was shaking from an uncontrollable build of adrenaline. My body was stiff and I felt like I couldn't breathe but I knew that this was only the start of my punishment. My father's eyes confirmed that and when a small smirk formed on his face; I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"How dare you, Scout," He growled staring at me like I was a hindrance to him and I shrunk backwards with my heart in my mouth, hoping for anything to help me. "To think I hoped you would pass this flimsy trial and become something I could be proud of, a true warrior but I realize now what I should have known all along,"

I winced when he gripped me by my hair tugging me back far enough to meet his eyes and far enoug to cause my body to send sparks of pain everywhere. His emotions scared me mostly because I knew what he was capable of and I panicked for my own life. But for a fleeting moment, I wanted death since it would be easier than dealing with the outcomes of whatever this punishment would entail.

"You're a disgrace to be called a Lycan, more importantly a disgrace to be called my daughter." His words were spoken calmly, vibrating with controlled anger though and tears formed in my eyes at his words and I gulped when a cruel smile came onto his face.

"Get the whip!" He ordered gruffly and I furiously shook my head whimpering when he shook me harder this time forcing me against the gate and I stared at some of my peers, the once who passed as they took each of my wrists quite easily since i was in shock and binded them with rope to the gate tight enough that blood steeped from my wrists.

I shook the rope, tugging and pulling ignoring the stinging and fresh smell of blood that renetered the stadium and my injuries. My breath came out roughly and I felt so weak, even though I knew I had to fight, to beg which I did.

"D-Dad, no, no, no.. please.. I'm sorry!"

My words were ignored and I kept repeating them like a broken record staring at everyone's faces and I let out a small yelp when a freezing tail of a whip playfully hit me. The silence was threatening and I looked down at the ground awaiting the hit preparing myself mentally. Murmuring reassuring things in my head, anything to help make myself believe that this will be over in ten minutes and it wont be sore.

But that was just a childish thought, for when my dad laughed almost like he was enjoying this and the stadium went into cheers. I counted down the seconds when the whip lifted off the dirt ground and the whoosh sound before it hit me.

-

So I hope you liked this, its hopefully up to standards.

Sorry for mistakes, will fix them when done.

So tell me what you honestly think, please with a cherry on top? :)

Goals- 6 votes, five comments please? :) (Thanks so much for helping me reach my last goal)

Updates are Friday(usually late) ^^

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE