Chapter Five: No Longer Alone

Chapter Five: No longer alone 

I was shocked when she hugged me I hadn't been hugged since I was 8 I hugged her back. I was happy that she was happy and hoped that Luna would be gracious and let me keep her with me. After that I told her the ladder at the top of the stairs lead to the attic and I would prefer that she didn't go up there. She was confused but didn't ask. I went downstairs and started to cook some steak (deer) with some onions only enough for me because I wasn't sure if she ate well food. What I thought of as food at least. She came downstairs and stood at the doorway to the kitchen. “Is there any for me?” She asked I felt bad “I wasn't sure if you ate this” I said motioning to the food at the food she looked a little hurt. “I meant to ask but tomorrow I have a pack meeting so I have a lot of cooking, and preparing to do.” I told here in one breath she blinked and replied “I can eat that sort of food the meat has to be rare though I prefer eating that way.” I nodded and put another steak on the pan. “Do you like onions?” I asked gesturing with my hand to the onions I was making she nodded eagerly. I put or food on plates she was shocked to see how much food I had. I eat a lot. More than most eat. After dinner I pull out some bread I had been making and set it to cool. After I told Red I was leaving at dawn and that she should not leave the house until I was back. She went to bed I cut my bred in half put one half on the table uner a bowl with a note for Red and cut the other into slices. And put it with some dried meat into a cloth bag for breakfast. After that I made four more loaves of bread and some apple and blackberry pies I hid two in the cellar with a note “Don’t you dare touch these I will know.” These were for tomorrow or so. Then I put the 24 other pies around to cool with the bread and then made a pack full of what I would need for my famous cake. I do mean famous even the packs that hate me beyond reason will be super nice to get some. Once they even got down and begged I still like to remind them of that. But the most important pack the Whispering Winds pack has asked me to make it for them. All I can say is I’m a really good cook. After I finished my cooking I went to my room and pulled out my diary and wrote. 

Dear Diary,  

I'm really excited there is a young vampire named Red who I found in my territory today well here’s what happened. I was out picking blackberries and I heard a wolf call me from the west border it sounds like Aaron the beta of the Forest Leaves pack. My birth packs as you know. He is rather impatient it seems “what is it now I have a meeting with the pack tomorrow for the Asris festival what could possibly be so important that it couldn't wait 'til then.” I ran without shifting because I'm quite fast that way. When I neared the border I smelled vampire blood and vampire. I also heard the raged breathing of a child. When I was able to see the on my side of the border was a vampire who looked about 12 she didn't smell like other vampires so she was likely self-raised. Also she’s more likely to be around my age. She was wearing all red the fabric was naturally red so I felt I could probably trust her not to try and kill me. Also she had a piece of wood lodged in her arm and was over a stream. So she likely tripped. I put my hand on her left shoulder when I came to a stop no one had even realized I was nearby until I was standing with my hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me with her chocolate eyes so scared I smiled a little to reassure her I then turned to Aaron. “You called?” I say in a way I know annoys Aaron but my father used to be his Alfa so he never reprimands me. Aaron replies “yes we were chasing the vampire and she fell into your territory and since we can't hunt in your territory we called you” hunt? She seems harmless so why would they want to hunt her? Then it clicks the vampire clans and the wolves are at war. I tell him I'll take care of her and that she seems harmless and he admits that he can't argue with the fact that I won't kill her since she has given me no reason to. We say farewell and they leave. Oh I almost forgot Cora overstepped her place the look he gave her was pretty mean Cora even whimpered a little. After they leave I tell her we should go home her chocolate eyes are no longer afraid I'm really happy about that. Don't ask me why. At some point on the way back I pull the wood out of her are and bury it under a raspberry bush. We didn't really talk much until we reached home I told her a few things and showed her around leaving out the attic in case she misunderstands. Also I found out she likes food like steak and such she just needs a rare bit of meat and she's good. Well goodnight.  

Wolfe (Solara 13)”

I set my diary in my chest at the end of my bed. Lay down and am asleep almost instantly.