eleven

Quinn Jackson ◊

"It's a date." I said, smiling and walking away from him and I could feel my cheeks heating up as I left the room and made my way upstairs. I have never made the first move when it comes to guys, so I was surprising myself with every move I make with Luke.

I immediately went into Mira's room, knowing she would be the one to ask about Luke. I knocked on the door, and went inside as she said to.

She was sitting at her desk with books in front of her, and papers that were scattered along the top.

"Did Luke finish the lesson with you?" She asked, a scowl on her face and frowned as I shook my head.

"I have a date with him tonight. Will you help me pick out an outfit for it?" I asked, and she sighed but nodded as she leaned forward and looked at me.

"Yes," She said and I smiled as I put my hands together but she held a finger up, "but only if you're willing to study tomorrow morning."

"Yes Mira, of course I am." I said, and she rolled her eyes as she stood and went with me into my own room.

"Sure you are." She mumbled, but pulled the chair out from by the vanity and motioned for me to sit down in it.

"Mira," I said as I sat down, looking at her in the mirror and she nodded as she brushed through my hair in a gentle motion, "I'm nervous."

"Nervous for what?" She asked, gathering the appropriate items to begin helping me get ready and I sighed as I shrugged my shoulders and picked at the beds of my nails.

"I don't know, that's the problem. I don't think I'm nervous for the tests, though I don't know when they start, but I'm nervous for Luke. I want to do my ultimate best for him, and I feel as if there is this huge pressure on my shoulders,"

"And I don't know what to do with that weight on me. I'm nervous because I'm Luke's last chance, and I don't want his life to end because I failed." I whispered, and she nodded as she looked at me.

"Do not be nervous for that Quinn, Luke has been preparing for you and he would not have you here if he doubted you or your ability to get through these tests." She said, brushing a strand of hair that had fallen in front of my face back and I nodded.

"I'm also nervous about Luke. I've never really had a real relationship before, nor someone that is so caring and willing to sacrifice everything for someone." I mumbled, and she frowned.

"He told you about Persephone, didn't he?" She asked and I quickly nodded, "I've known Luke for a long time, and when he cares about someone, he truly devotes himself to that person."

"That is not helping." I said, and she laughed slightly as she nodded but knelt in front of me.

"I know, but you just have to trust in your feelings and know that it is okay to act on them." She said, and I sighed as I looked down at my hands that were folded in my lap and she placed her hand on top of them.

"Just be yourself. Some of the others, they were poor choices for Luke and I can tell you that I honestly believe that you are the best for him from what I have seen so far." She said, and I smiled as I continued getting ready.

Finally, I finished, just as there was a knock on the door and Mira went to open it as I put my shoes on.

"Be good." Mira said as she dismissed herself and Luke walked through. He smiled at me as I straightened up and walked towards him. He had a huge smile on his face, and it was contagious as I caught myself smiling as well.