twenty-nine

hoLY FUCK IT LOOKS LIKE LUKE I'M SCREAMING okay enjoy x

Quinn Jackson 

"Quinn, there is a mandatory dinner tonight with the council to announce your engagement. It's formal, so I hung a dress in your closet for you to wear specifically. It matches Lukes outfit as well." Mira said, and I smiled as I nodded.

"Mira, when did you know that you had feelings for Ashton?" I asked, my smile widening as she blushed and looked down at her feet.

"I don't know really. I never thought I would have fallen for him. He was always irritating to me, and I couldn't stand to be in his company, he was constantly flirting with me. But one day, instead of feeling anger I felt these dumb butterflies in my stomach and I knew." She said, rubbing her arm as she shyly smiled.

"That's cute." I said, and she nodded as she looked up at me.

"Dinner starts at five, and you have nothing to do until then. Since you've been doing so well, they decided to give you a break." She said, and I breathed out in relief as I had been anxious when the next test would be.

"I'll see you at dinner." She said, grunting as she got out of the chair and left the room, and I frowned as she had left the door open but I was far too lazy to shut it myself.

I laid there in silence for a while, Albus lying on my stomach, just attempting to process my thoughts when I heard clacking against the tile and I lifted my head to see Cerberus walking into the room, and he rested his head next to mine.

"Hi baby." I whispered, patting the space and he jumped up, lying beside me and I smiled as I curled up with him and closed my eyes.

"Why is it that my dog loves you more than me?" A voice murmured, and I opened my eyes to see Luke kneeling beside my bed and staring at the dog that had his head on my stomach and I smiled.

"I'm just a lovable person." I said, yawning and stretching out, and his eyes crinkled up as he smiled and nodded.

"That you are." He said, kissing my forehead before he walked out of the room, but stopped in the doorway and looked back.

"Cerberus, come." He said, patting his thigh, and I laughed as the dog whined and remained where he was, and Luke narrowed his eyes at him.

"Come." He commanded, and Cerberus huffed before he was jumping off the bed, walked over to Luke with his head down and Luke smiled at me before shutting the door and I glanced at the clock, grimacing as it read 3:14 and I went into the bathroom to shower.

By the time I had finished getting ready, it was nearly five and I slipped my shoes on my feet and opened the door, my stomach growing queasy as I heard voices already from the dining hall.

I looked in the mirror one last time, smoothing out the dress and I admired the dress that Mira had picked out for me. It was a black dress, but the material shone in the light. I walked out of my room, smiling as Luke was standing there and he breathed out as he looked at me.

"You're absolutely breathtaking." He said, offering his arm out to me which I gladly took as the heels that Mira picked out did not go well with my coordination and balance.

"Are you ready to see the rest of the family again?" He murmured in my ear as we descended down the stairs and I shook my head, but he only chuckled.