twenty-seven

Quinn Jackson ◊

"Albus," I called, wondering where the little kitten could have wandered in the short time my eyes were not on him, "Here, kitty kitty."

I frowned as I placed my hands on my hips, before I heard a door creak from behind me
and immediately turned towards the noise. Nobody was there, but I walked quicker towards the other door only for it to slam in front of me.

I took a deep breath as I reached my hand out towards the door handle, only to see that it was locked now.

"Quinn." The voice said, the hair on my arms standing as I recognized it immediately.

"Kronos," I breathed out, a chuckle coming from him and it sent shivers down my body as he appeared. He looked nearly identical to Luke and it made me back up as his eyes looked into mine.

His eyes were a glowing bright red, a wicked smile accompanying it as he looked at me.

"You look beautiful." He muttered, and every time he inched forward, I took a step back. "You know, I wasn't very happy with how short our time was together."

My back hit the wall, and I let out a small breath as I was now trapped between it and him. His hand reached up to caress my face, and I pushed his hand away, only for him to retract back and slap me across the face. My cheek stung, but I held my tongue as he stared at me.

"How rude." He snarled, pressing his hand up against the wall as he leaned in. I felt his breath hit my own, before I was kneeing him in the groin and running towards the door. He groaned as he fell forward, and I made it to the door, banging and kicking on it as I yelled for help.

The light bulbs exploded, the room now nearly dark but I could see his eyes as they walked towards me. I was nearly crying, but I looked around and tried to find anything I could use as a weapon. For once I was glad of the fireplace in nearly every room, because the iron wood poker was standing against it.

I dashed across the room, quickly picking it up in my hands and turned, watching as he leaned against the table with a frown on his face.

"I only like chasing the thing I want for so long before I become bored Quinn," He said, and I rolled my eyes as I gripped the iron tighter in my hands.

"Go to hell." I spat, and he chuckled as he came close once more, staying far enough away.

"Oh dear, didn't you know? I was already there." He said, pouting slightly until it turned into a smirk, "And soon, you'll be right there with me baby girl."

He lunged forward, and I closed my eyes as I swung the rod, only to hit air. I opened my eyes, the lights suddenly normal once again and Kronos was nowhere in sight.

My breathing became erratic, before I was stumbling to my feet and running to the door, throwing it open and nearly running into Lyla.

"Lyla," I sobbed out, her eyes opening wide as she caught me in her arms, and held me tightly.

"Quinn, oh my dear what is it?" She asked, her hand running through my hair as I struggled to catch my breath, before pulling away. There was a comfort to her eyes, and I steadied my breathing before speaking.

"Kronos," I said, pointing behind me and her eyes narrowed as she released me and went into the room, but I shook my head as I stayed out in the hall, "He was there, I promise."

"Oh Quinn, I believe you. Let's take you to Luke, he will be able to help better." She muttered, her arm wrapping around my shoulders as she led us towards my bedroom, and sat me on the bed. My eyes felt heavy and I wanted to protest, but the bed was just so comfortable.