twenty-eight

Quinn Jackson ◊

"You have passed five out of seven tests Quinn, I am so proud of you. The last test was love, so that makes me even more proud." He whispered as he smiled, and I couldn't help but reach out and hug him tightly.

"Thank you. I love you." I said, and he chuckled as he pulled away, and looked down at me with a look of adoration on his face.

"And I love you. You have become a wonderful thing in my life, Quinn Jackson. Do you know what that means though?" He murmured, and I furrowed my brows in confusion as I pulled away, and he chuckled once more.

"You only have two tests left to undergo, you only have to pass one more. There is over a fifty percent chance of you becoming my wife, my partner, my Queen." He said, and I smiled as I laced our fingers together and sat down, watching as he still stood over me.

"I would like you to continue training Quinn, with Ryder or Gabi or even Zach. Someone to make sure that you are well prepared. I want you to stay safe, my love." He said, and I nodded as I agreed, knowing Luke wanted what was best.

I heard footsteps echo throughout the hallway as I saw Gabi walking towards me, a small smile on her face. She was still in her gear from The Hunt, and had her bow slung over her shoulder.

"If it is alright with you Luke, I will take her now." She said, her hand in a fist as she pressed it over her heart and gave a gentle nod, and he nodded, helping me stand as he kissed my cheek gently.

"Gabi will train you with archery and some self defense. I am sure you remember from the lessons that she is the Goddess of the Hunt, and she just returned from her last one, that is why you have not seen her lately."

"She is the best that I have ever seen. She is also one of my favorites here." He murmured in my ear, watching as she chuckled and shook her head.

"Oh please, Luke is just being generous. It is just because he basically raised me that I am the way I am. Are you ready Quinn?" She asked, and I nodded as I released Luke's hand and walked with Gabi out into the yard.

"Quinn, I have heard many things about you. I am sorry I have not been around as much, just I was erm, recruiting more girls for my team." She said, and I nodded as I watched her dig through the shed before pulling out another bow and set of arrows for me, and grabbing targets for practice.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, I have many girls that I bring under my protection. They all pledged themselves to me, after I pledged to stay eternally pure."

"I am a daughter of Zeus, but I am a goddess of chastity and virginity - ironic, right?" She said, laughing slightly as she notched an arrow into her bow and pulled back. Her muscles were taut as she held the position, before breathing out and releasing.

"Your mother is one of my favorites. I am a protector of nature and the hunt; both wild and tame animals are under my protection. I have also protected the agriculture and animal herding, and your mother and I grew close in the few times I come back." She said, and I smiled as I held the bow into my hand, and took an arrow as well.

"I am not often welcomed here, due to my history with Lyla but Luke often allows me visitation whenever I want. Lyla banished my mother and was on the hunt for her, so we left. Ashton and I stayed away for a while, but Luke reached out to us."

"I forget that you and Ashton are twins," I admitted and she laughed as she had me lift my bow up and put my arms in a way that would allow me to shoot better.

"Many do Quinn. We are not similar but we still manage to get along." She said, and stepped away to allow me to shoot. "We are opposites. I reign over the Moon and Ashton has control over the sun, yet we are equals."