What sadness feels like

I walked up closer to the swings to meet eye to eye with Wonwoo.
"Hello oppa, what'd you call me out for?"
"Areum I have to tell you something"

Is he breaking up with me? Did I do something wrong? Panic starts to well up inside me before I can reply to him.

"Oh.. What did you want to talk about?" My voice said, more unstable than I had hoped.
"Why don't we take a seat on the swings?"
"Hmmm sure."
"Okay so. Iwantedtotellyouthatigotintopledis"
"Wait what? Sorry you said it too fast I couldn't hear."
He sighed. "I got into pledis entertainment as a kpop trainee."
"Well that's great!! Why are you upset? I'm so proud of you Wonwoo!!"

"Well you see.. Because I'm a trainee now, I'll have to move to Korea, and spend a few years there training, meaning I can't see you anymore." He said as he looked at the ground
"Oh.. Are you asking us to break up?"
"It's not like that! I don't want to break up, maybe we should say we're putting things between us on hold. I don't want to leave you, but it's not like I have a choice."

I couldn't really respond, I was in such utter shock that words wouldn't come to me.

"That's okay. I understand, it's your career and I'm glad that you're chasing your dreams. I'll support you no matter what." I said as the first tear slipped from my eye.

"Listen, I don't have much time left, my flight to Korea departs in 2 hours. But before I leave, I wanted to give you this."
He handed me a thin silver necklace with a moon on it.
"Take this necklace and think of me when you're lonely, I'll do the same. You can call it couple jewelry." He said as he tugged on his star shaped necklace.

I couldn't say anything to express myself so I just hugged him. I hugged him for what seemed to be years. I would miss him so much, but I knew not to be selfish. He's dreamt of it for so long and I shouldn't be the one stopping him. We were interrupted when by the ringing of his phone and so he pulled away.

"My manager just sent a text telling me I need to go. Before I leave, I want you to remember that this isn't a goodbye, but rather a 'see you later'. I'll come back for you, no matter how hard it will be, and I will never forget you. I love you Areum." He said as tears spilt from his eyes.

"I love you too." I said before his figure slowly became further and further and further, until he wasn't there anymore.