What a new beginning feels like

No matter how much I try to erase you
We spent so many days together
The past times are so regrettable that tears keep flowing. I will show you a completed changed me. I will show you a way prettier me. I don't want to cry like a fool over love, over you who left.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I neatly arrange my hair and carefully apply my makeup. I put on my uniform and head out the door, prettier than people ever thought. I reach school and see tons of boys gaping at my new self.
I walk up to my close friends, Hyemi, Yerin and Sooji.

"Where have you been for the past two months?!"
"Whoa you look so different!"
"What happened?"
"Do you know why Wonwoo left the school?"
"Are you okay?"
They bombarded me with questions all at once.
"Whoa slow down guys! One at a time. Nothing happened, I am fine, me and Wonwoo are over and he left for Korea."
"What but you guys were the Cutest Couple in our school! What happened? Are you okay?!"
"I don't want to go into details. Don't worry guys I'm fine."
*Bell rings*
"Time to go guys! I will answer your questions later haha" I say as I waltz off into my homeroom
Class dragged on for so long today, the same incessant questions. It was finally home time and I made haste to get home. I was walking to my locker to drop off my books until I bumped into a guy.
"Hey watch where your going!!" I shouted as my books fell to the floor
"Sorry, I'll help" he timidly said as he bent down to reach for my books. I did the same thing and our hands touched. We looked up at each other.

"What's your name? How come I've never seen you around school?"
"My name is Kim Minggyu and I only just transferred here. I'm in year 10 Tomorrow is my first day and I just came to check out school grounds. Sorry."
He must be Wonwoo's replacement. I noticed that not only was he ridiculously well mannered, he was also really really cute.
"Well.... My name is Choi Areum and what luck. We're in the same year. Since you knocked over my books earlier, apologize to me by taking me out for ice cream Minggyu-ssi."
"Sure thing ma'am" he teased back. I didnt expect him to actually take it seriously but I mean, who can say no to ice cream?"
"But first, let me put my books back into my locker. I know good ice cream place around here so just wait a second."
Absentmindedly, I took him to the same ice cream parlor me and Wonwoo went to on our last date.

I learnt a lot about Kim Minggyu that day, more than I thought I would.