Him and Bradley

Emma looked at me as I explained to her how easily Norman was able to calm me down. I honestly was so impressed that he was able to do that. That was the thing about being friends with me, I was a psychopath. Well, at least that’s what society has branded me. I wore a sign on my back, a tattoo across my forehead and it said the words “psychopath” in large red letters. I was Hester in The Scarlet Letter and there was a giant A on my chest. I was shunned among all of normal high school society. Emma gave me this face and nodded, running her hands through her auburn colored hair. She seemed to be impressed by Norman’s heroic act of saving me from my mind. She seemed really pleased.

            “Interesting. So he saw the house?” Emma asked, causing me to nod at her statement.

            Norman Bates had seen my childhood home and knew my story. Dylan didn’t even know about my panic attacks because I could contain myself around him, but it was extremely difficult when I had flashbacks. I sighed and laid back in Norman’s bed, my hand going through my wavy brown hair.

            “So they arrested Norman’s mom for killing Keith Summers.” Emma said, breaking the silence.

            I sat up and looked at her in shock. Keith’s hand was found in the river, decomposing. Everyone wondered what he had done, what was he involved with that got him killed? Actually, no one blamed whoever killed Keith. He was a pig and was rude to everyone in town, so whatever he did was probably so terrible it got him killed.

            “Do you think she did it?” She asked, giving me a look of curiosity.

            “I actually do.” I said, a bit of attitude peaking from my voice. “She’s just… weird and something seems off about her.” I said, my hand looking at my phone.

            My lock-screen was a picture of Dylan and I at the ice cream parlor. We were both making funny faces at each other while eating ice cream that he bought for the both of us. We both look relatively happy to be with each other.

            “You’re hanging out with your boyfriend too much.” Emma laughed, knowing about Dylan’s hatred for Norman.

            I gave her an annoyed look and laughed, shaking my head angrily. I wasn’t getting influenced by Dylan. I just saw the way Norma was. She seemed to be someone who only stuck around if you benefited her. I was just going off of my gut feeling, but it was a scary thing to know that Norman had gotten some things from Norma.

            “I just… I believe that she would do something like that. I don’t like Norma okay?” I told her, sighing as I began to grab my stuff.

            I heard my phone ping and I glanced at the message, seeing it was Norman’s number. I opened the message and read over it, a smile on my face.

Do you and Emma want to come over and help me find the deed to the motel?

            I smiled at Norman and I sighed, nodding my head to Emma and showing her the text message. She smiled and nodded as we walked outside of her house and into her buggy. I put my legs up on the dashboard and smiled. I liked what I was wearing. I was dressed bit nicer, but it wasn’t so feminine. I had a plain white t-shirt on with black, high-waisted shorts with big black buttons lined symmetrically along the sides. My shoes were combat boots that were a dark color and they reached to right under my calf. I liked it. I seemed to be trying more.

            “You sure Dylan’s going to like the fact you and Norman are hanging out that much?” Emma asked.

            I hadn’t told her how Norman and I almost kissed and it was quite scary. I was in a state of shock due to the fact that I almost kissed my current boyfriend’s brother. I didn’t want to be known as a cheater, but honestly I didn’t want to be one. I was a good girlfriend. I swear.