Scary Psychopathic Katie

Emma had found out from Norman about him sleeping with Bradley and she knew how much that affected me. I mean, I was so extremely ticked off about all of it. Dylan and I hadn’t talked for a while and it kind of scared me that we weren’t. I mean... I loved him and all, but was I really ready to move in with him? He was 21 and I’m 17. On top of that, I was just not ready to commit to living with a boy whose brother I had dire feelings for. So, I didn’t feel like it was the right choice. Not only that, but I hadn’t told Dylan I doubted our relationship and that I liked Norman. Love was a complicated thing and it sucked. I was keeping it quiet. So, I just decided to avoid everyone, including Emma for one day. I was locked up in my room, my hands trembling slightly as I read my favorite Edgar Allen Poe book The Raven. It was an amazing book that I found to be extremely entertaining, suspenseful, and just overall well written. Bae walked into the room, her hair picked up into a high ponytail and her make-up applied perfectly. She decided to dye her hair a few days earlier and it was pretty… in your face. She dyed it a really, really bright red that went against her pale skin tone nicely, but I just don’t like artificial hair coloring. Seems really… Bradley.

            “You okay?” She asked with a fake concern.

            I shrugged, sitting up as I placed my book marker on the page I had stopped on and I glanced out of the window to see the sun shining over all of White Pine Bay. I glanced back at Bae and laughed slightly, shrugging.

            “If by okay you mean conflicted, then yes.” I said, glancing at my phone and seeing the picture of me and Emma making funny faces at the camera; in the background you could clearly see her decorated oxygen tank.

            I originally had a picture of me and Dylan, but I was just extremely ashamed to say that he was my boyfriend when I kissed Norman. Oh and by the way, I didn’t tell him about that either. I was just a heap of secrets, huh?

            “You know I haven’t met this little boyfriend of yours…” She said, giving me a slight smirk. “Why don’t you invite Dylan over for dinner or something?” She said, sitting in my bed and giving me a hug, but I shrugged her gesture off.

            “Dylan isn’t the type to sit down for dinner Bae,” I told her, rolling my eyes to her stupid suggestion. “He’s more of the type of guy who you’d meet in the back of a liquor store contemplating between choosing a Jack Daniels or a normal Corona.” I said, shrugging.

            “Why don’t you go see him? I mean, I’m sick of seeing you around the house wearing… that.” My sister said, scoffing slightly.

            By “that” my sister meant my baggy school spirit shirt that was a good seven sizes too big on me. I didn’t care how I looked at home, I mean it’s not like I was trying to impress someone. I just wanted to look like the way I felt which was complete crap. I rolled my eyes at Bailey and groaned, laying back in bed in a way where I can ignore my sister’s useless chiding.

            “Katie, I’m sorry but sometimes I feel the same way that the town does. What mom did really messed you-“

            I barged into my sister’s statement, throwing myself on her and pinning her to the ground as my face was only inches from hers. I was NOT going to take this crap from White Pine Bay, so what would make my sister any different? I could feel nothing but anger radiating from my body as I glared at her. I was so angry at her statement and she didn’t even FINISH.