Chapter 1

Jazz'Lynne POV

Hi my name is Jazz'Lynne Smith but everyone calls me Jazz. I'm 19 years old. Just graduated high school last year. I have a 5 month old daughter named Heaven Serenity Smith. The only thing is, nobody knew I was pregnant with her. If they would have known, we both would be dead. Heaven's a miracle; I couldn't let what happened to me happen to her.
...

I walked inside the daycare to see Heaven trying to crawl. When she saw me she started to giggle. I smiled at her and picked her up.

"Hey sweetheart, I missed you." I tell her kissing her cheek. I grab her bag and sign her out. Melanie, her teacher, comes to me. "Hey Jazz, I just thought you should know some guy came here today trying to sign Heaven out," she says.

My face twists in confusion "Who? I dont know anyone here."

She shrugs her shoulders. "He said his name was Angel."

When she says his name my breathing stops and my eyes widen.

"Did he say anything else?" She shakes her head no.

"Only that he would be back and to tell you he was here....Is there something I should know Jazz?"

I give her a fake smile. "No, everything is fine. I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." I walk away without hearing what she says. I put Heaven and her bag in the car and lock her in.

As I shut the door and turn around, I hear, "Hey, baby girl. You thought you could get away from me, huh? But I'm back, baby." He whispers in my ear.

"A-A-Angel, what do you want from me?" A tear slips and he wipes it. "Please leave me alone. Please.." I beg.

He grabs me by the throat. "What did I tell you about that begging shit, huh, Jazz? You never fucking beg!" I start to cry as i struggle to breathe.

I hear Heaven start to cry and he lets me go. "Whose baby is that Jazz?" I dont answer him and stand in front of the door. "Jazz'Lynne I'm gonna ask one more time, Whose baby is that?"

I shake my head and start to cry. "Dont hurt her." I say. "Is that my baby, Jazz," he says while looking at Heaven.

He pushes me to the ground and opens the door and picks her up. I grab her from him and say. "Dont you ever touch my child again ever!" Heaven starts to cry more so I put her in the car and lock the door.

I start to walk away when he says, "Is she mines? Or was you selling yourself again like you used to before i saved you?"

I turn around and slap him. "You never saved me! I saved myself from you." I get in the car and start it. As I drive away, he is staring at me with determination in his eyes and I know I made a mistake by hitting him.
....

When I get home i put Heaven to bed and call the only person i know will listen and help. As the phone rings i start to pace around as tears slip out my eyes. She finally answers.

"Hello?"

"He found me" I cry. "He found me again and this time he seen Heaven."

"I know isnt it great he got out yesterday and said he missed you and couldnt wait to surprise you. So i told him where you lived he was so happy he left right then."

"Why would you tell him?" I choke out shocked.

"Why wouldnt I he is Heaven's father and yall were together when he went to jail and you moved. And he is my son why would I not tell him hes a changed man Jazz."

"You know what he did to me. I thought i could trust you." I cry. "Dont call anymore and dont ask about Heaven ever again."

"But Jazz wa-" I hang up on her and cry even harder. I now have no one she was the last person i had. I hear a knock on the door and cautiously walk to it. I look through the hole and see a guy. I open it slowly.

"Can I help you?" I say nicely. He scrathces the back of his head. "Umm yea im sorry to bother you but i just moved in next door and was wondering if i could use your phone my power is out."

I smile at him and look at where hes pointing to and laugh. "I thought you said your power was out?" He turns to see his door open and the lights on and starts to blush from embarrassment. "Fine I lied i just wanted to make sure you was fine because i heard you yelling and crying and im new so why not make a friend to?"

I smile at him and open my door a little more so he can come in. "Well would you want to come in?" He seems surprised but smikes back. "Yea just let me lock my house up." I nod my head.

He runs back to his door turns out the lights and comes inside my apartment. I tell him to follow me to the kitchen. "Would you like something to eat or drink?" He nods his head. "Water is fine please." I grab him a bottle of water. "Here you go. So what made you move to these apartments?" He shrugs his shoulders and laughs. "Dont think of me as any different but i had a good feeling and it seems like it has a home feeling to it." I smile and laugh at him thats a first.

His smile flattens and he blushes from embarrassment again. "I knew it would sound dumb. You probably think im a creep or something." I smile and shake my head. "Its not dumb its just a first that i heard that and its not creepy"

He laughs and than Heaven starts to cry and he pauses. Is that a baby. I nod my head and get up slowly to grab Heaven. As I go I fear that he is judging me so my wall starts to build. When I come back hes looking at a picture of my when i was a baby. I clear my throat and he jumps.

"What are you doing?" He say coldly. He looks at Heaven. "Sorry i seen the picture she looks just like you. But." He hesitates. I roll my eyes theres always a but. I sit Heaven in her rocker and look at him with my hand on my hips.

"But what?" I say. He stares at me and im ready to blow. "Why did you have a baby?" He stops and looks down. "That came out wrong im sorry. I meant wh-"

"Get out." I say and open the door for him. He looks like he avout to say something so i put my hand up to stop him. "Just go. Now." He walks out and mumbles a sorry. I shut the door and slide my back down it. If only they all knew.