Chapter 3

Daniel the neighbor.

That night I stayed up crying. I cried so loud that I woke Heaven up several times. When I got to the daycare Melanie was standing there waiting for us. When she seen the bruise on my cheek her eyes widened and i panicked. "Jazz what happened to you. Omg did somebody hit you?"

I search my mind for a quick excuse. I let out a nervous laugh and say. "Girl no im hit the side of my face when Heaven threw one of her toys behind her dresser." She sighs in relief and relaxes. "Oh ok girl rey have me have a heart attack." She grabs Heaven and Heaven smiles and grabs her nose. "So Jazz who is Angel? And why is he still showing up here asking for you and this munchkin?" She says as she plays with Heaven's stomach making her laugh.

I gulp and the nervous feeling comes back. "Pshh I dont know an Angel and remember i know nobody here except you so i dont know but keep him away from Heaven cause thats..." She stops and looks at me curiously and says. "Thats?"

I roll my eyes at her. "Thats creepy duh." After i say that we start laughing. I kiss Heaven goodbye and gives her bag to Melanie. "Ill be back later Melanie im going home since its my day off." She nods and ok and walks in the daycare while I get in the car and drive home.

When I home I see my neighbor outside. "I forgot i never got his name better get this over with." I say and sigh. I get out the car and he hops up and comes to me. "Im so sorry." He blurts out. I stand there surprised and shocked. "I didnt mean to get in your business or break anything. Its just..." I stop and look at him and nod my head for him to continue. "Its nothing im just sorry ill pay for the glass and anything else if i broke it." I shake my head and smile at him hes so cute when hes upset and worried. Wait did I just say that. "Its fine trust me there are no worries." I smile again.

He suddenly pulls me in to a hug and I stiffen. The feeling so foreign to me that I just stand there with my eyes wide. He soon lets go his face inches from mines. Than someone clears their throat.

I turn to see Angel walking up and I jump back out of my neighbors arms. Angel comes until hes right in front of us and says. "So Jazz arent you gonna inteoduce me to you friend?" And by the way he says friend I can tell hes mad so I dont say anything just look at the ground.

My neighbor puts his hand out for Angel to shake and says. "My name is Daniel im Jazz's neighbor nice to meet you..." He trails off and Angel says. "Angel im a long time friend of Jazz we go way back aint that right Jazz?" They both turn to me.

I look between them and say. "Sorry but I have to go do... Some errands." With that I walk to my car start it and pull off. I drive to the park to clear my head. By the time im focused back to reality its 9:30 pm and Melanie has blown up my phone. I send he a quick text telling her sorry abd can she keep Heaven for the night. She quickly says ok and be safe. I go to the nearest bar.

I sit and the bartender comes. "What can I get you ma?" He says with his perfect smile, perfect teeth, and perfect accent that makes me want to melt. I snap out of it and say. "Can I get the strongest thing you have about 10 of them." He smiles at me and says. "Tuff night huh? Coming right up beautiful." I smile back at him.

Soon enough im drunk and dancing with some random guy. The guy starts feeling on me and I get pulled away before I can punch him someone else does. I turn around to see a furious Angel. When he sees me looking he drags me out of the bar and too my car.

"Gimme your keys." He says mad. I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. "Angel? Your my Angel." I start giggling harder. He looks at me like i grew two heads. "Jazz how much did you drink?" I start playing with his face and laugh. "I think- I think I-I had about $100 worth of drinks." I laugh and add. "But shh dont tell Angel."

He sighs. "Jazz where are your keys at?" I laugh and grab my keys. He tries to snatch them but I move. "Jazz'Lynne im losing my patience give me the keys right now." He says I pout at him and give him the keys and get in the car. He drives me home and i start to fall asleep.

"Please dont rape me. Angel beat me and raped me I had to put him in jail its the only way for me to be safe." I start to cry. He parks and sighs. He gets out and comed around to open my door. "Come on Jazz." He helps me out the car and to my door. He tries keys and gets frustrated. "Which key is it Jazz?"

I slide to the ground and grab the keys and give him the right one. "The letter H is a symbol for Heaven which reminds me I have something. No someone to go home to everyday." I smile a sad smile before getting up andbwalkin in the house when he unlocks it.

When I get in I start striping and trowing clothes everywhere. I face plant onto the couch and raise my arm. "Come lay with me please." He slowly comes and sits with me. I pull him down and lay on his chest.

"Can I tell you something?" I say quietly.

I feel him move. "Yes Jazz what do you have to say?" I start to cry. And just stare at the ceiling. "Im terrified Angel will kill me. But whats more terrifying is him hurting Heaven. I want her to have better. To not grow up how I did. But he found us now we arent safe." I fall asleep hear him sigh and say. "I love you Jazz. Im so sorry im getting myself together little by little starting with my anger all for you baby girl."

And thats the last thing I hear before dream land consumes me.