Don't Be Laze-y (pt. 1)

I stared at the same line in Percy Jackson's Demigod Files. It read "I know this place. Luke told me about it once. Souls come here if they choose to be reborn so they totally forget their former lives." Something about this line I remembered, and it unsettled me. I knew I had never learned about the Lethe in school, so I had no idea how I knew about it. I kept pondering where the memory came from, because I knew it was a memory somehow, as I got ready for school that day. We had finals today, and as bad as they were I was excited. Once finals were over, my parents were taking me on vacation.
A little background on that.
My parents are not the best parents in the world. Good ole Uncle Rick raised
me as much as they did. My mom had gotten pregnant with me unexpectedly when she was 19, but she didn't give up her life because she was pregnant like most semi normal mothers do. Her and my dad decided they wouldn't let a little thing like a child get in the way of their fun. They never paid for childcare, they acted like I didn't exist. Pretty much, the best gift I've ever gotten was a library card.
My mom knew I wouldn't get into trouble as long as I was reading.
So three days in a cramped condo with six of my cousins and their parents---what's not to like?
I guess it wasn't ideal, but it was the first thing they ever did for me.
I couldn't wait.
Naturally, this is when everything went wrong.