chapter 15

Olivia's P.O.V. 

“Look! There’s a man walking on his hands!” James yells over dramatically pointing to my left.

“I’m not going to look.”

“Wait! There’s seriously a lad walking on his hands!”

I’m tempted, very tempted to look but I promised myself I wouldn’t. After we split up from the group he’s been trying to get me to look at things that aren’t really there. And when I finally actually do look, he starts laughing like crazy and calling me foolish names.

“Oh shoot, that’s the Queen common, we’ve got to get out of here before she starts asking me questions.” He says yanking on my arm and trying to drag me away from the “Queen”.

“Oh suuureee the queen is behind us.” I play along rolling my eyes and digging my heels into the ground trying to slow him down.

“Olivia I’m serious! If she sees me I can promise you, we’ll both be embarrassed beyond repair. She’s been looking for me for three days now! I swear if she finds us you’ll be sorry!”

“Yeah right. Your majesty! I found James for you!” I say closing my eyes and waving my hand behind me, pretending the Queen is actually there.

“Oh my thank you, young lady! I’ve been looking all over for him!” A woman’s voice replies.

Instantly I snap my eyes open to see a tall woman in her early thirties heading towards us. I turn to James to see that he's paled, and looks like he wants to run for his life.

“James I hope you know you can’t runaway from this subject for forever.” She says when she catches up to us. He mumbles something unmentionable under his breath and looks up giving the Queen a puppy dog face.

“Don’t give me that look! Your father’s the one who put me up to this, and I promised him I would!”

The look doesn’t go away.

The Queen seems to melt under his gaze. Even his massive hazel eyes mesmerize me! He looks seriously…sad…and James just doesn’t look sad! It's a foreign expression on his face, which just seems to complement his features.

“Jaaammmessss, not again! You know I can’t change your father’s mind no matter how badly I want too!” she wails exasperated. 

The look intensifies and I’m pretty sure by now I'm drooling over him.

“JAMES!”

“Fine.” He says stopping the look and going back to yet another foreign expression. Sulking.

“Honey, it’s really not that bad marriage can be a wonderful thing.” She says attempting to smile but failing miserably.

“I know your lying, auntie.” He frowns crossing his arms still sulking.

“I met a sweet girl who seemed really interested in you! Oh what was her name now….hmmm…Oh! Lisa!” she exclaims..

“Auch!” I cough snapping out of whatever trans James had put me in.

“Lisa? Brown hair, freckles, snobby attitude?”

She looked overs in my direction as if she's just realized I'm standing here.

“Yes, that’s the girl but she’s sounds a lot worse in your description.”

“Please! Lisa wouldn’t last a minute with James! But there’s this girl named Matilda in my room, and I think him and her would get along just fine, if that helps.”