Chapter 1: "The Heist"

"Make sure you get home safe, (f/n)!" You're best friend called as you left the student council room.

"I will, I will!" You answered waving back at them.

You skipped toward your house. As you did you stopped by the famous T.V store that your uncle bought when you were a kid. You walked in and decided to watch the T.V broadcasting the news.

This is how you decided which route you'd take home. If there wasn't anything going on you'd take the lower road, which was the quickest way. But if there was mob activity then you'd take the upper road that took twice as long.

"Hey Kiddo~!" You're uncle walked out from behind the 'bar' and hugged you from behind as you watched the news waiting for any report about mob activity. "You better take the upper road" your uncle chimed in, "Rakuzan has been active there today".

~~

There are 6 main mob families in your town, of Baske. There's the "kings" Rakuzan, then the middle classes Kaijo, Shutoku, Touou, Yosen, and the new upcoming mob family Seirin.

The mob family known as Rakuzan, are evil men who focus on nothing more than getting those in their way, gone. Rakuzan idolize women, but can't function if one is on their side. The boss of Rakuzan can be referred to as King or, if you know him on a personal level or want to die, Akashi Seijuro. The "King" is said to have been cursed by his father. He has one red eye, the eye of his family but then there is the soul extracting golden eye. The eye is, rumored, to have visions of future actions and be able to predict the next move of the person. He might be the scariest but he isn't even close to being fatherly, like Kise Ryota of the Kaijo Family.

"The Golden god", also known to most as Kise Ryota. He is fangirled over by women because of his charm and good looks. Kise Ryota is the boss of the Kaijo family; the Kaijo family, also known as the Kaijo group, is what most would call an everyday "family". Ryota being the "father" of the family asks kindly or not at all. Some may say he's a little too clingy, but those that say that have never fought against him. Ryota is a terrible foe to go up against he is rumored to have this ability to copy every move that you make, but not only that he's able to dish it right back 10 fold! Even though Ryota is very good at fighting he will never have the brains that the Shutoku family offers.

"The Green Giant", not getting his name from his height but rather the massive brain power he has in his possession; Midorima Shintaro, boss of the Shutoku mob family, has the brains of 1000 warriors. The Shutoku "clan", as most call them, are more strategically inclined than the rest if the mobs in the area, they focus on plan and purpose rather than motive. It is rumored that the "Green Giant" used to be a sniper for the Military,that was until he joined the Teiko family then he became their formidable sniper until Teiko disbanded. They may be a force to be reckoned with, but if we bring bronze into fight the Touou family wins by a land slide.

"The Black Nightmare", Aomine Daiki, is the strong mountain that holds the Touou family together. Daiki is very rude and full of himself. Daiki is rumored to have unlimited strength, it is said that he took out over 5000 Military soldiers before he burned out. Daiki can be terrifying and intimidating, he also can be a jerk and cocky most of the time but one thing he doesn't have that the Yosen family has is innocence.

"The Purple Menace", a name given to him to mock him, Murasakibara Atsushi a 6' 11" beast that guards anything and everything that his family is payed to guard. When placed side by side the Yosen family is like an impenetrable wall. Since the Yosen family has yet to rage war or enter a fight of any kind, most mob families refer to them as innocent which is widely agreed to, even in the family. Most say that the boss o the family, Murasakibara Atsushi, has zero motivation to do anything and has put the family into bankruptcy several times because of his eating habits. Though innocent may be a word to describe the Yosen and Seirin families, Seirin has taken stealth to a while new level.

"The Phantom Menace", "The Kind King", "the Disappearing Tyrant", many names float around the city for the Seirin family's boss, Kuroko Tetsuya. The Seirin family is all about stealth, they are one of the few mob families to actually try to stay hidden, their boss is a whole other story. Kuroko Tetsuya, is rumored to be able to disappear right before your very eyes, and most say that it's because he has trained for it but others say that he does this because his bland blue eyes put you in some sort of trance. The Seirin family is new, and the only thing they have going for them is their disappearing act.

~~

"This just in" the reported on the T.V. called grabbing your attention "The Rakuzan and Touou families are warring with each other on 2nd Street!" Then footage of the fight appeared on the T.V.

You let out a big sigh. That was the name of the lower road, which means you had to take the way that was twice as long.

"I just don't understand, Takahiro," the other reporter chimed in "how could one mob family, the Teiko family, break up? They were number one for three years and then suddenly they disbanded and became rivals" they were white noise by now, the reporters never stopped complaining about the Teiko families disbanding, at this point it had gotten really annoying.

~~

The Teiko Mob Family consisted of the six mob bosses from the Rakuzan, Kaijo, Shutoku, Touou, Yosen, and the Seirin mobs. They were, originally, the only mob. Akashi Seijuro was the leader, no one 'crowned him king' back then; Kise Ryota was more of the mascot than anything, back then he was just a pretty face; Midorima Shintaro was their assassin, he would be hired to kill military and anyone in the political career because no one would see him coming, back then that earned him the nickname of "Kami" (god); Aomine Daiki was the blunt force or the bronze, he was what some would call (If we were talking a sport) the 'ace' of the family, he was the fastest and the strongest; Murasakibara Atsushi was the guard to the mobs mansion, which was built underneath the Akashi estate; and Kuroko Tetsuya, was what most called the 'crocodile in the moat', he was Teiko's silent killer, he would hide in the shadows of the fortress and if anyone got past Atsushi they wouldn't be able to live another day.

No one knows the real reason why they disbanded, only rumors. Some say that Akashi couldn't hold them down any longer, others say that they merely grew apart, but those that are smart figure that it was because of the 'Shadow King' Kuroko Tetsuya, who saw that what their mob was doing was wrong, and that a mob shouldn't be six different players, or pawns, but one cohesive family.

~~

You turned and thanked your uncle for letting you watch the news and before taking off you promised him you'd call when you arrived home, safe and sound.

You left the store and headed down the road until you were met with a fork in the road. Now, the lower road (or the one the the left) is the road the war is on, so if you take the upper road than you'd be safer, but the lower road is so much quicker.

Which road? Take the lower road and risk death? or the upper road and risk being late getting home and getting grilled by your parents again?

Lower it is.