An Unexpected Encounter

Blue Flash's POV:

Storm (Storm Runner) and I were driving our motorcycles through Zone 6 when we came across a hoard of dracs.

"Lets check this out." I said to Storm. She nodded and we drove towards them.

As we came closer, I saw the outlines of 4 killjoys that were visibly outnumbered by all of the dracs. Storm and I parked our motorcycles on the side of the road and grabbed our guns. Trying our best not to be seen, we shot at the dracs from above the battlefield, killing a bunch of them and leaving the other 4 killjoys clueless as to what was happening. I saw one with red hair glance up at us and point us out to the other killjoys. Damn you, blue hair. You failed me again. We were spotted.

He shouted, "Guys, look up there!"

I ran back to where we parked our motorcycles as fast as I could, with Storm on my heels.

When we got back on our motorcycles, we noticed the 4 other killjoys trying to catch up with us. I had the urge to stop and ask them what they wanted, but no. I couldnt make any new friends, in fear of getting betrayed... again. The last group of killjoys we befriended left us to die during battle.

After a few minites of driving down the sandy road we were back at our hideout. It seems like we lost the killjoys.

When we walked inside, Storm asked, "Why did we leave in such a hurry?"

I replied without hesitation, "Because we can't afford to have anyone tagging along with us. One, we are super low on food and supplies, and two, we know what happened to us last time we befriended other killjoys. Betrayal."

She nodded and I headed to my room. I sighed and flopped down on my bed. Did we make the right choice on leaving those other killjoys, or should we have turned and talked to them?