Chapter 8

Flora's pov

Heila takes me back home and we go to my living room. The girls hug me tightly as my uncle and aunt come into the room.

"Oh Flora," Faragonda says in relief as he hugs me tightly.

"Thank you for bringing home my niece," Sladdin says as he bows in front of him.

"It's no problem sir. Flora, you have some explaining to do. Why did you react that way with Valtor?" Heila asks curiously.

"It's a long story," I reply as I motion for him to sit down on the couch.

"I'm listening," Helia says as he sits down on the couch next to me.

"My father was a botanist while my mother ran a flower shop, but she. My mom, though, took botany in college, but she didn't want it as a profession. Somehow though, they ended up working together. When I was about 10 he started on project Cure. It was a plant that was able to cure fatal illnesses. They spent most of their time working on this project. They still loved me and spent time with me and soon enough I became interested in the project. I would help them in the lab. The Limphean science council wanted to see their work. My parents went and their work was sound. Valtor wanted to take the plant out of alpha testing and disturbed it to the public. It was a law for my parents for anything they work on to go through three stages of testing: omega, beta, and alpha. They refused to follow with Valtor's orders but Valtor serviced them with papers ordering them to disturb the drug or they would be arrested. They didn't have a choice so they did disturb the drug but in our town. They warned people that it wasn't ready but people were desperate to save their loved ones. Soon though the death rate increased and my parents were to blame. My father went to the council and begged them to stop this, madness. Valtor was and still probably is very close to your parents so he vote was the only one that actually mattered. My parents were able to stop the manufacture of the drug but they had to destroy the plants and the factory in the process. They knew that they would probably die since they had to destroy the factory and the plant. They ordered the people out of the city and I was sent to live here. The rest is basically history."

I keep my head down to avoid crying. I can feel Helia sit down next to me and wrap his arms around me protectively.

"I promise that we will find a way to put Valtor in jail, okay. But no more hitting people," Heila says as he kisses my nose lightly.

"Fine, I promise," I agree as I snuggle in his arms.

"Heila, aren't you forgetting something?" Timmy hints at him.

"Oh right! Will you come with me to the ball tomorrow night? It's a masquerade theme ball and I would love for you to go with me. Please. Your friends are welcome to come as well. It would make me the happiest prince in the dimension if you did." Heila asks with a smile and slightly pleading eyes.

"What about Diaspor? The girls are forbidden to be anywhere near her."

"As long as the girls don't start any trouble with her than they can come. They will accompany the Specialist," Heila explains.

"Flora what the hell are you doing? Shut up and say yes already," Stella asks in surprise while giving me a confused look.

"Of course Heila. I would love to," I reply as I let out a loud chuckle at Stella words.

Heila smiles brighter and pulls me even tighter to him. He places kisses all over my face which cause me to giggle at him.

"Thank you," He says as he continues his kisses.

"Okay, down boy. I need to breathe," I giggle to him.

"I need to get going. I have to do some planning. I have a very special announcement to make at the ball. I will sadly not be able to see you until the ball. I will send you your invitation tonight. I love you, my beautiful flower," Heila explains as he kisses me deeply.

"Goodbye, my love. I will see you tomorrow," I whisper in his ear as I get up to hug him and give him a sweet kiss.

"I will be counting the minutes until I see you once again," Heila says as he kisses my slightly tint red cheek.

I hum happily as he kisses my hand and bows to my aunt and uncle. The girls, aunt, uncle, along with myself bow and curtsey to him before he leaves the room. The boys kiss their girlfriends goodbye before they follow behind Heila. I sit down on the couch and sigh dreamily as I look at the flower that Heila gave me.

"I remember that look on my sister's face when she met your father. He really loves you," Faragonda says as she sits next to me and hugs me tightly.

"Yeah, I really love him too," I smile dreamily to myself while my eyes drift to the flowers he brought me in the windowsill.