Prologue

A/N

So, here you go. This is the first part - sorry if it gets confusion or if there is too much information straight up I was just trying to get a hint of her backstory in before I get to the actual story. If you find any mistakes put it in a comment and I will do my best to come back and edit.

Nerd-Girl-

P.s. The Picture should be of Sang.

It had been raining most of the day. Water dancing on the window sill, sneaking in through cracks in the wood to slowly rot it away. Every now and then a drop would got to far and fall under gravities pressure towards the off-white carpeted floor only to hit the bottom of an old tin bucket I left there just for this purpose.

the sounds of thunder and rain mixed together in a symphony, the perfect backdrop for my bitter mood.

We were moving again.

My eyes swept over the bare room I stood in. An old bedframe stood alone in one corner surrounded by cardboard boxes. I didn't have much I needed to pack, no posters or picture frames, just a few books and the hand-me-down clothes I got from my older sister, Marie.

I'm used to moving, this is our fifth move in three years and I've gotten the rhythm of packing and unpacking down-pat. Tomorrow the last moving van will be coming and I can only hope my mother doesn't decide to 'accidently' leave one of my boxes behind, that was how I lost most of my possessions as a child. That or they would just randomly disappear one day, given away to charity or lost in land fill somewhere.

"SANG. You stupid, worthless, whore. I told you to get your arse downstairs and cook us dinner." That was my mother screaming from her room across the hall.

My mother isn't like other mothers. I figured that one out pretty quickly during my first year in middle school, no-one ever quite understood why my knees were constantly bruised and I was never allowed on excursions or to attend the Health and Physical Education classes. My mother is sick, she has been for as long as I can remember.

My father . . . There's not a lot I can say about him, he isn't around a lot. He spends most of his time away on 'Business Trips', when he comes back he usually stinks of alcohol and cigarettes retreating to his room for days before coming back out only to leave again.

Silently making my way downstairs, I listen to the snores coming from my sister, Marie's, bedroom. We were very different her and I, and it wasn't hard to tell us apart. She is tall with wide shoulders like our mother with thick, dark hair falling to her shoulders, compared to my petite 5'3 and long blonde hair.

She has dark, tan skin and blue eyes. Wide, arching eyebrows and thick, red lips. My skin is pale and clear of freckles, my eyes are huge and green out of proportion on my heart-shaped face and compared to my thin, pink lips.

She also hates me.

I think there was once a time when we used to get along like sisters but that changed quickly after our fist move when I was eleven. It was awful moving away from my childhood home and all the memories and friends I had made there. That was when the abuse began.

Gingerly I step into the kitchen looking out for any pieces of glass I might have missed earlier, My knees are still sore from kneeling in the shards but I can still walk and for that I am thankful.

It started out pretty quickly after the first move, my mother would make me sit on a wooden stool for hours until I was numb from shoulders to knees. Then she started forcing me to kneel on the floor, tiles or hardwood, I was never lucky enough for carpet.

Then started a slow descent; from barely noticed to invisible, I learnt quickly not to fight back even with my training she was still so much stronger than me. I became compliant, I became weak and I started to forget.