14 | petrificus

A/N

Seems like we have a lot of hot lovin in my stories lately. Well, bet none of y'all are complaining.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1 4

p e t r i f i c u s   t o t a l u s

Paralyses.

THE PREVIOUS NIGHT had taken a toll on all of them, as Draco found out the next morning. Theo was sprawled on the sofa, while Blaise and Pansy nursed mugs of coffee by the counter.

"Morning, mate," Blaise somehow still managed to look cheery as Draco approached the kitchen, pouring a cup of coffee with his wand and sliding it over the counter to Draco. "You alright?"

Draco stared at him. "What?"

"Your nose. When you came back last night, it was bleeding pretty badly."

"It's fine."

Blaise studied his face for a brief moment before his lips curled in a grin. "Of course it's fine."

Something in his tone made Draco glance up. He cast a muffling charm on the living room, then turned to Blaise. "You taught her that?"

"She's a fast learner."

Pansy snorted a laugh and nudged Blaise playfully. "Don't put ideas in Draco's head, baby. Healing spells are fine, but Draco's clearly thinking of something else that she would learn quickly."

Actually, Draco wasn't thinking of anything along those lines, but now that Pansy had put it into his head, it was all he could think about. Bloody Parkinson. He ignored her and chugged his coffee, enjoying the way the hot liquid scalded his tongue.

Once he'd finished his coffee, he set his cup down and turned to Blaise. "The message you sent yesterday on the phial. Alecto Carrow? What did you see?"

Blaise's expression grew serious. "I actually didn't see anything using Legilimency. I used that incantation you came up with to check if she was a skilled Occlumens and she isn't. But she does have locks placed on her memory, the same kind you place on us."

"So you think Carrow's hiding something."

"It's not much," Blaise continued. "But the rest of the members in the group yesterday are cleared, except for her. She's our safest bet."

"It's like searching for a needle in a haystack," Pansy looked somewhat overwhelmed all of a sudden. "We don't even know exactly what we're searching for."

"It's better than nothing," Draco said. "At least I know who I'm going to bring on the next mission."

The other two exchanged confused glances before Pansy turned to him. "Who?"

"Amycus Carrow."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hermione knew that something was wrong when she jolted awake. The discomfort she had felt in her stomach was about a hundred times worse. She threw the blanket off her, stumbling into the bathroom before she began to retch.