50 | reparo

A / N

Hello, my loves, and welcome to the FINAL chapter of Draconian. Enjoy this chapter and this current cover while it lasts. This was one of the most iconic covers back in 2016, and I think it brings back some pretty nostalgic vibes, don't you think? How many of you remember it? It's been four years and counting, and I'm glad you're still here.

(Don't forget to read the really important note at the end.)

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

5 0

r e p a r o

Mends broken objects.

"LUMOS."

Dim light bathed the room in a soft glow. The nightmare had been terrifying tonight - the Peverells, glinting Death-Eater masks and a never-ending loop of Crucios. So vivid she could feel her body alight with fresh agony. And Draco's voice had been an echo as he searched for her... And she - lost forever to him.

Hermione pulled herself up and hugged her knees to her chest. "The war's over," she whispered. "It's over. I'm safe."

These words were her mantra now. It was everyone's mantra after the war. In the aftermath, all of 17-65 had moved in after Andromeda cleared out the rooms. Though Draco and Theo had complained, there seemed to be an unspoken agreement between the ten of them:

17-65 had fought the war together.

Now they were going to face the aftermath together.

So in the days that followed, it wasn't an uncommon sight to see each of them facing their fears in different ways. Neville breaking down in a fit of silent tears as he rocked Teddy to sleep. Luna sitting on the front steps staring blankly at the night sky. Theo with a bottle of Firewhisky in his hand as he paced the porch. Pansy's werewolf form howling up at the moon. Blaise whipping up batch after batch of potions just to keep his mind active. Ginny's screams that could practically wake the whole neighbourhood. Ron working off his frustration by casting hex after hex on a dummy. Harry's extended bouts of silence where he locked himself in a room for hours on end.

There were nights when Draco awoke with the beginnings of the killing curse at the tip of his tongue, and there were other nights when she awoke with his arm so tightly wound around her waist she could barely breathe. There were mornings when she found him by the Pensieve, and there were other mornings when he joined her in the shower. Sometimes, in the haze of their post-orgasmic bliss, she couldn't be sure if the streaks across his cheeks were rivulets of water or tears.

The war was over, but the ghosts were still haunting.

And Hermione thought that they would never quite fade away.

The door opened just then as Draco stepped in. Under the dim light, she saw his expression soften and he moved to sit on the edge of the bed.  "Nightmares?"

She swallowed hard and nodded. He lowered his head to kiss her chastely, simply. Soft nips on her bottom lip; a gentle, teasing slide of his tongue across. She closed her eyes and understood what he was saying without words.