26 | confringo

I M P O R T A N T

Welcome back to the second half of Draconian!

Please note that the playlist for this story (and all of Universe #4) is available on my spotify (hepburnettes). And aesthetic boards for Draconian is also available on my pinterest (hepburnetteswp). You'll probably be able to figure out who the last book in the Draconian series is about once you follow me there... And kudos to those of you who've already guessed!

That being said, thank you all for your patience and support. I hope you're ready for a ride, because it's going to get wild.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2 6

c o n f r i n g o

Blasting spell.

THE SAFE-HOUSE THAT Andromeda had prepared for them was in Godric's Hollow.

"Some say this place is haunted," Luna remarked, as they trudged along the empty street. "We have to be careful with the ghosts we see here. I don't think all of them are nice."

"So let me get something straight here," Theo interjected, "you're saying that you'd befriend the ghosts if they were fucking nice?"

"Of course. Most ghosts are just lonely and I think they'd like a friend."

Hermione chuckled under her breath as she heard the conversation in front. Blaise was the one leading the group, while she and Draco lingered behind. She was thoroughly fascinated as Draco covered up their footprints with the same spell over and over, and made sure to leave deeper imprints each time she took a step forward.

Draco soon noticed and shot her an irritated look, to which she simply grinned. "Never played in the snow before, Malfoy?"

He raised his eyebrows. "If you mean making footprints in the snow just for fun, then no."

She looked up at him, noticing for a brief moment how he seemed to fit in perfectly with the snowy landscape. Her eyes flickered to his lips and she thought about the delightful, hungry way he'd kissed her earlier. A shiver raced down her spine and it wasn't because of the cold.

"Granger," he said, with thinly-veiled amusement in his tone as he clearly noticed the way she was looking at him, "you're staring."

Hermione blushed and trudged on, trying to stop her heart from racing when he placed a gentle hand against the small of her back. She wasn't so sure if the gesture was just to guide her - the road ahead was flat and not quite slippery; she didn't need much guiding to begin with.

They soon arrived at the safe-house - an old building that seemed steady enough to have survived the war. Draco made Hermione wait outside with Luna, while he and Theo went in to scout the place.

Blaise was placing charms to conceal the building from the outside. Pansy left him, wandering over to Hermione and Luna. "It's awfully quiet," she murmured, "too quiet."

Hermione couldn't agree more. There was nothing as frightening as the calm before the storm, and the louder the silence, the more deadly the consequence. She took an instinctive step closer to Pansy, who automatically slipped her arm through Hermione's.