41 | riddikulus

A/N

Here we go. More Ron because Astoria.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

4 1

r i d d i k u l u s

Gets rid of boggarts.

THE KNOCK CAME in the middle of the night. Draco, who awoke at the slightest sound, was the first one up. Hermione raced down the stairs after him, followed by Andromeda who seemed fraught with worry. He pulled open the door, but lowered his wand when he saw the person on the front porch.

Hermione peeked out behind him. "Professor?"

"Minerva," Andromeda greeted, pulling the door open to usher the old witch in. "Is anything the matter?"

McGonagall swept into the living room, but she politely refused the chair that Hermione offered her. She turned to Draco, a grave expression on her face. "Neville's missing," she informed him bluntly, amidst horrified gasps from Andromeda and Hermione. "I need you and your team to locate him. There's been a siege in one of our other bases and the rest of the Order's trying to save whoever they can. Seamus told us that he last saw Neville in the Forest of Dean, so that's where he probably is."

"Probably captured by Snatchers," Draco muttered. He yawned and raked a hand through his hair, then leaned back against the sofa. "There's a Snatcher camp there."

"Mr Malfoy – "

"Lighten up, Professor," he drawled, his lips curling up in a tired smirk, "it's no wonder I had such a shite time in school, considering your sense of humour – or lack thereof."

Andromeda frowned. "Draco!"

"It's quite alright, Andromeda," McGonagall returned evenly. "I'm used to Mr Malfoy and his bad manners, considering I had the misfortune to have him in several of my classes at Hogwarts."

"Pleasure's all mine, Professor."

She shot him an unamused look. "Now I really don't have time for such nonsense. Gather your team and find Neville."

"Fine." Draco rolled his eyes and nudged Hermione, who immediately ran up the stairs to wake the others. Moments later, Luna appeared and Draco turned to her. "Get Potter and the Weaselette."

Luna nodded, but paused to smile at McGonagall. "Oh, hello, Professor," she greeted pleasantly, before she apparated off.

McGonagall's eyebrows shot up. "Potter? Harry Potter?"

"Well, you know," Draco shrugged. "Keep your friends close, enemies closer – "

"How in Merlin's name did you get Harry Potter to fight in the war, let alone join your team?"

"I Imperiused him, of course – " Draco trailed off when Andromeda shot him a warning look, and the sardonic smirk on his face quickly faded as he added, more seriously now, "he joined for Hermione."

McGonagall shook her head in disbelief, but her features softened as she looked at Draco. "Well, whatever the case, I would like to thank you. There are still some of us who think the world of Harry and would like to see him finish what he started."