Mother

I sit down on my windowsill, the window open so that I can climb back inside. I tilt my head and let the moon shine on my face, being very careful so that I won't be recognized.

I hate living in this kind of secrecy. I wish Mother and Aunt would just stop the war so I could go home. Why can't they just stop this stupid war? Moonlight and sunlight are basically the same, yet they fight so much...

Oh, like against like. It happens a lot, doesn't it?

I sigh to myself as I climb into my room, closing the window. I plod along downstairs and look up as I reach the living room, instantly freezing.

WHY IS MOTHER HERE?!

Toby's POV

I walk downstairs, slightly ticcing. I stop when I see Yaela standing perfectly still, staring into the middle of the room. I look up and see a woman wearing a dress looking like its made of moonlight with things floating behind her... They look sorta like flower petals for some reason, only glowy.

"Mother..." hisses Yaela. I jump slightly as I realize this woman is Yaela's mother. That explains why she's so beautiful...

"Yaela," says Yaela's mother calmly, but it sounds... different. More like another language.

Yaela speaks, and I can tell she's mad. "If you don't leave me alone, I'm going to kill you!"

"Then you would have to finish the war anyway," says her mother.

"Ugh!" says Yaela, frustrated. "Get out of my life! I left in order to not fight in your stupid war, so get out of my life!"

"You need to come home with me and stop the war yourself," says her mother.

That's when I decide to intervene.

"W-Who is t-this, Y-Yaela?" I ask, moving toward her.

"My mother," says Yaela flatly, glancing at me. "She was just about to leave."

"Not until you come home," says her mother.

"If you don't leave, I will make the darkness consume your very essence and watch as you die with a laugh and a smile," growls Yaela. Her voice sounds... darker, more demonic-like, sorta like Hoodie or EJ. I'm surprised, but her mother seems even more surprised.

Her mother recovers very quickly. "Fine, but when your friends start dying because of you, don't come crawling to me." Then the woman disappears.

Yaela collapses onto her knees and then proceeds to get up. I rush over to help her but she waves me off, turning so I can't see her face.

"Go tell Slender that I'm not going to stay here anymore," mumbles Yaela. "I'm going home to finish this darking war."

I watch in disbelief as her body darkens and shadows race over her, swirling around her before she completely disappears. Yaela...