Breakdown

I woke up the next morning and made breakfast, then I went outside and sat in the shade.

It's dangerous for me to stay in one place anymore, I think to myself. I'll either have to let people know who I am, set up barriers and possibly be caught, or run away.

I feel someone sit next to me and I look over to see Toby. I smile slightly.

"Hi Toby," I say.

"Hi Yaela," he says, putting his arm around me.

"Toby, will you please answer a question honestly?" I ask.

His eyebrows furrow. "Why?"

"Please?" I ask.

"Sure," he says.

"If you had a problem, and you only had the options of letting people know who you are, set up barriers and possibly be caught, or run away... which would you choose?" I ask.

Toby leans back and thinks for a few minutes. "If I had to choose one, I would choose letting people know who I am," he says.

I smile softly. "Thanks, Toby," I say, and then I get up and walk inside.

Toby's POV 

"Thanks, Toby," she says, then she gets up and walks inside.

What was that about? I wonder. I get up and walk inside.

"Yaela?" I say, walking up to her. She turns. "Why did you ask that?"

She shakes her head. "You wouldn't understand, Toby," she says, and she walks into her room and closes the door.

There's something... off with Yaela lately, I think to myself.

Yaela's POV 

I close my door and lean against it. Toby would of let people know who I am, I think. I... can't do that. I just... can't. If I do, they will probably kick me out.

I hear something and I go over to my window. I glance out and I see the sun. I sigh and go back downstairs.

I sit down on the couch and grab a game, sticking it in. It's Minecraft.

I build a house and I hear a knock on the door. I roll my eyes and pause the game, getting up and opening the door. "No, we don't want a-"

"Yaela, your mother needs you," says the moonlight angel in front of me.

I sense that everyone in the living room - Ben, Toby, Jeff, and EJ - stop and stare.

I growl. "I don't want to go back," I say, loud enough for only me and the angel to hear.

"But your mother needs you. The war is going badly," says the angel.

"Well, she should never have started the war with Auntie!" I growl.

"Please, Yaela-" says the angel, holding out a hand.

I rub the side of my ribbon. "If you don't leave, I will make you leave," I warn.

The angel attempts to grab my arm but a blaze of boiling water stops her. She backs away as water, ice, darkness, and moon flames blasts at her. She turns and runs for it.

"Never going back," I whisper, rubbing my arms as cold seizes me. "Never. Never going to go back."

"Y-Yaela?" says Toby from behind me hesitantly. "Yaela, what's wrong?"

I turn around to answer, and I faint.

Toby's POV 

I catch Yaela as she falls. "Y-Yaela? What's w-wrong? Yaela?!" I say, ticking.

Slender appears next to me. What happened to Yaela? he asks.

"I-I don't k-know! Some a-angel came to t-the door and Y-Yaela fought it, a-and it ran. I-I was about to a-ask h-her what h-happened but s-she fainted," I say, ticking more.

Calm down Toby, says Slender. She's just unconscious. She'll be up by tomorrow.

"Slendy, the angel said something about Yaela's mother," says Jeff. "What's up with that?"

Yaela's mother? says Slender. But... the war... of course...

"What is it, Slendy?" asks Ben.

Yaela's mother is the Moon, so then... her father is Taugar... the Darkness, says Slender.

"WHAT?!" says Jeff.

"Wait... if her mother is the Moon, and her father is the Darkness, why is Yaela here?" asks EJ.

She ran away. She was telling the truth about that, says Slender.

"W-Will Yaela s-stay?" I ask, ticking nervously.

That depends on if she continues to lie, says Slender.

I carry Yaela upstairs and put her in her bed. Don't worry Yaela, I won't let Slendy kick you out. I love you, I think as I kiss her forehead and walk out. I'll protect you.