Yaela

I wake up slowly, and I shift, realizing I'm in my bed. The last thing I remember is... an angel...

I sit up quickly and look around. There's no one in my room, and when I glance at the window its an hour till dawn. I sigh in relief. Everyone's asleep.

I get up and walk downstairs, and I pause in the living room, remembering everything suddenly.

If I stay, will they kick me out? If I go, will they come after me? If I try to hide, will they find me? Several possibilities run through my head.

I shake my head and go into the kitchen, cooking up pancakes quickly and setting them down on the table. I walk out of the kitchen and go outside, sitting on the porch. I sigh and put my head in my hands. "Everything's a mess," I murmur.

"Hi Yaela," says Toby, sitting next to me.

"Hi Toby," I say. I look up at him and see that he's ticking. "What's wrong?"

"Are you r-really the daughter of the M-Moon?" asks Toby.

I stiffen instinctively. Silence reigns for a few minutes. "Who told you that?" I finally ask.

"Slender," says Toby.

I don't say anything, my hands nervously creating a circle in the wood. "What would give you that idea?" I ask.

"Yaela, you know you can tell me the truth," says Toby pleadingly. "Just tell me, is it true?"

"No, its not true," I lie. I look away from Toby, my heart hurting.

Why are you lying, Yaela? asks Slender.

I rub my eyes. "Are you going to kick me out?" When they don't say anything, I say, "Just give me an honest answer, that's all I need. Are you going to kick me out?"

Yes, says Slender.

I stand up and walk back inside. "I thought so. No one likes me enough to keep me." Without a word from either of them, I walk straight into my room.

Toby's POV 

Why would Yaela lie? It doesn't make sense! We already knew she was the daughter of the Moon, so why would she lie and say no?

I walk inside and go up to Yaela's room. I knock on the door. "Yaela? You there?"

I hear shuffling on the other side of the door, and then it opens.

Yaela now has on a long dress made of moonlight, and her hair looks like its made of moonlight and shadows. Her skin has a darker tint, and her eyes... their black except for a single dot of purple.

"He- What the hell?" says Jeff, who's passing by. He gapes at Yaela. "Who are you?"

"I'm Yaela," says Yaela irritably. "Since Slender's kicking me out, I have no choice but to move. I'm just preparing to move."

"Yaela, why would you lie?" I ask.

Yaela's POV 

I look at Toby and soften. "You wouldn't understand, Toby. No one understands." I close the door and lean against it, sighing.

"Are you ready?" asks Shine. Shimmer picks up one of my bags.

"Yes, and thank you," I say. Their helping me move into their apartment until I can find my own. Their such good cousins.

"Let's go," says Shimmer as the door opens. It's Toby and EJ.

"Bye, Toby. I love you," I say sadly. I move over to the window where light is coming in and get ready to light travel.

"Yaela-" says Toby, but I give him a sad look and Shine, Shimmer, and I light travel.

We appear in their living room and Shimmer puts my stuff in their spare bedroom. I sit down on the couch and look up at the ceiling. I'm going to miss them.

"Hey, how about we look for an apartment after dinner?" suggests Shine. "Hello?"

"Huh? Oh, sure," I say. I shake my head and nod, turning on the TV.

I hope Mother, Aunt or Father doesn't find us.