one

Nefarious Boy

Copyright ©2013

All Rights Reserved

___

carter

I sat in my room, trying to concentrate on my stupid god damn revision. I had my exams coming up at school in about four months and i was revising. Yeh i'm a nerd. A sarcastically, hilariously funny one. no? Okay then. Get over it.

I chewed at the end of my pen trying to think, but i couldn't. The only thing that filled my thoughts up was my mom chatting our builder up. You see my mom and dad split up. It was a few years ago and everything is ok now, but we've recently moved here in minnesota. I still hadn't started my new school yet, but my mum had told me that the tests would be coming up soon. Apparently she was 'informed'. I could hear her all the way from up here.

"So how's things Marty?" she asked sweetly. I loved my mum, but Marty. Seriously? Use his proper name woman. I guess you are probably wondering, "Oh well why does she have a builder?" Well when we moved here three days ago, mum wanted to get an extension, for a 'swimming pool'. Which you could say I wasn't too pleased about. Well now your thinking, "Why in the world would she not want a swimming pool in her house?" It's a long story, but Carty here. Doesn't swim. Get the message?

I tried convincing her to get a library instead of a pool, but my stubborn mother wouldn't budge. Sighing, I went back to the maths textbook, but to be real honest it was no use. I shut the book, moving it to one side. The builder Martin, was drilling and banging and it was so hard to concentrate anyway. There was no way in the absolute world that I could read my book up here and still not be on the pages I started on by seven thirty.

I heaved myself off my desk, and tucked my chair in behind me. I shoved a few boxes of unpacked things to the side while I walked on my way to my bed. I jumped on the bed, and grabbed my mobile phone. I wasn't on there all the time. Most people take there phones wherever they go, well I take my book. I flicked my hair behind my shoulders, and clicked on my messages! I had one new message.

jack: carter. please! I love you. just take me back!

URGH! Another stupid message from Jack...You see. When I lived back in LA, I dated this guy called Jack. He was, I guess you could say, the school 'Hottie.' Though, I didn't know about his true colors. I found him kissing another girl after 11 months of us dating. I guess you could say it was pretty horrible for me. I was devistated. But I'm over it now. Though he won't leave me alone! I just never wanted to ever see him again. He ruined my confidence with guys. He ruined my life. The only thing i loved about moving here, is so that I could never see that lying cheat, again.

I sighed. I really did the want to think of Jack Swane right this second. I shoved him away from my thoughts. It was then that my tummy rumbled. I should probably get something to eat. It's not like my mums going to be cooking tonight. Not that she can anyway. My mother was a very inventories cook. She liked to experiment a lot, and most if the time, the kitchen is about to burn down or its inedible. Plus right now she's trying with the 'hot' builder, so there was nothing I could really do, but go out and get something.

I swung my legs off my bed, and walked slowly downstairs. I heard my mum talking to the builder about the whole 'project' on what the new pools going to look like. "Yeah." Martin said. I peered through the banisters and saw them both laughing together, as if they were old pals. Maybe even more. My eyes widened when I say mum put her hand on his shoulder.

"You are so badass mum..." I hissed. It was true though. My mum was the best mum anyone could ever have! She was fun, outgoing, and embarrassed me a lot. But overall I couldn't ask for a better mum. I just sometimes wish shed get out of dream la, la, land and stop acting like a teenager and maybe act her own age. I mean the way she was flirting with Martin, was just unbelievable. I carried on walking down the stairs, and poked my head into the kitchen, where mum, and martin were both currently having cups of tea, and chatting. They were both laughing like before. I guess my mums terrible flirting worked after all.