thirteen

carter

"That was sooooo good!" Shouted Mitch, as we walked out of the theatre. "It was so amazing, and when that guy stabbed that girl, and all her guts and aw man. Best film ever!" He laughed and me and Skyla joined in. He was always like this after new movies.

"It was scary." I pouted.

Skyla laughed. "Nah mate, it was funny." I shook my head and laughed again. Suddenly, I heard Mitch suck in a harsh breath.

I looked over at him. "What is it-"

"Carter?" I heard the familiar voice, and instantly froze. I looked up.

"Jack." I say shakily.

~*~

"Come on, lets go." Mitch says harshly and begins to pull my arm to drag me away, but I stay frozen to the ground' staring.

"Oh my god, Carty I've missed you so muhc. I didn't even get a goodbye? I was so sad when you left." He looks up at me with those baby blue eyes, and I feel my insides melt. "I still do."

"Shut up Jack, or I'll kick your ass." Mitch says. "Again."

"Mitch shut up." Skyla says in a hushed tone, and she looks over at me with a worried expression on her face. "Carter?" She asks.

"Carty?" Jack says with an equally worried look. But I know its fake. It's always going to be fake. He doesn't care. He never did, so don't be fooled by it again Carter; I scream in my head.

"Oh, um hi there." Is all that I can stutter out. Jack frowns at me but then turns to Skyla's brother.

"Look Mitch, I know you have some problem with me but-" Jack starts.

"Problem? Yes I fucking do have a problem with you. I have a problem that you dated my best friend for almost a year, and cheated on her with some whore bag. Aren't you with dating izzy now anyway? I have a problem with the fact that you think its okay to swoop back in and change everything. Well I'm sorry but thats not going to happen okay? Not today, not tomorrow, not-"

"Mitch." I say in a quiet voice. "Let him speak."

Jack looked into my eyes, and smiled slightly. "Im not with izzy anymore."

I sucked in a breathe and looked away.

"I'll explain everything if you just come with me. I was so sad when we broke up."

"You didn't care shit-"

"Mitch." I say.

His mouth opens wide, as he gapes at me. He looks angry and hurt, and I want to wash it off his face but I needed to hear about what Jack had to say.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interupted." Jack glares at Mitch and he glares back. "Look Carter, I really need to talk to you. Alone. I've felt so horrible these past few weeks. I've been missing you and things at home aren't going too well either, and well I just need you right now. Please can we talk in private?"

"Absolutly not-" Mitch starts again, but I put my hand up to cut him off. "But Carter, you cannot be serious! This guy is an absolute punk. He'll say anything to try and get you to sleep with him!"

"Mitch!" Sky gasps in alarm."You can't just say that."

"Yeah your right, um sorry Carter.."

"So can we talk?"

"I guess."

~*~

blake

I shook the bottle of black paint in my hand, and created my masterpeice. Edged lines, zig-zagging across the simple brick wall; though in my case, a blank canvas. I drew faces. Dark faces in between the lines. To be real honest, I don't understand what is so bad about graffiti. Like I know its other peoples property and shit, but it really is art. When I smell the compressed fuems, and I hear the fizz of the out coming paint; it releases my body that is full of tension.