seven

carter

I woke up. It was sunday morning, and 11:30. I planned on staying asleep for longer...Then everything sunk in. Kylen snogging another girl at that party, ON OUR DATE. The party. Then Blake. Blake the one that helped me out, and took me home. Who's shoulder I fell asleep on. I sighed. Everything was so confusing right now. I never wanted to see that two faced ass hole dick Kylen again and I hoped I never would. This was when I let it all out. I cried and cried. Why did everything happen to me?!

"Honey?" I heard my mother call out. I quickly wiped my tears.

"Yes?" I asked. My throat was dry, and I felt sick.

"Martin is coming round in about half an hour. Are you okay? You look horrible. Did everything go okay with Kylen last night?" She asked. I loved her, but I just wanted to be alone.

"Yeah everything's fine mom. Uh, just not feeling so well. A bit sick and sore throat..." I said, hoping that would convince her. She seemed to buy it (gladly) and stroked my forehead either the back of her hand.

"You're sweating a bit. Maybe you have a temperature?"

"Yeah, maybe I do. Now I'm fine. Go get dressed up for 'Martin'." I said sarcastically. She laughed.

"Don't be so grumpy. Martin is a nice man, not to mention, quite muscular. You know what I'm talking about Carter." She said winking making her eye look like it was having a spasm.

"Ah. Okay then, well go enjoy your day. Bye." I said diving back under my covers. I heard her mumble something, but saw her leave the room, closing my door behind her, a little more louder than it would do normally but ah well. Finally I was on my own again. What do I do now? I didn't know what to do.

I decided to think of what happened last night. When I saw Kylen kissing that girl, I realized something. I realized I was the biggest idiot on the planet. Of course. I should have seen it coming. With him being so strange on the date, with Blake telling me to be careful with him. This all made sense now. He was a player. Just like Jack was. I don't even know why I trusted him, I mean, I'd just gotten away from Jack and now, there's someone else who I want to get away from, who is also friends with my 'At the moment best friend. Blake. Wait he helped me last night...maybe not all guys are-

'Yes they are Carter. That's the second boy now. You don't want a third right? I bet you Blakes just the same. They all are the same. That's what boys do. Love you, play you, leave you. And that's all they'll ever be.'

"I know." I said to the voice. Great now I was talking to myself... "I just wish it was different."

'I understand.'

Wow, for once the voice inside my head is giving me adive rather than mocking me. Shocker.

I heard the doorbell ring, and knew it was Martin. Sighing I got up and sat on the stairs peering through the banisters. It's not that I was 'spying', I just didn't want mom getting up to any funny business. After all, that's what she would do, especially with a nice looking man like Martin. For days after he'd finished our pool she would be squraling: "HE'S A builder!" or "Did you see those muscles on him'?".

"Hey Marty!" She said smiling, he smiled back, and she lead him through to the kitchen. Why call him Marty anyway, and why 'lead' him to our kitchen if he's already had many cups of coffee in there? I swear I'll never understand her. I listened to them talking, and mom pouring him a cup of coffee, and discussing different subjects. She looked so happy around him, and to be fair he did too. After dad, she was a little unstable but, I'm glad to see she's got her 'mojo' back as I would call it...been watching too much Austin Powers...

After listening to several of there conversations, I was starting to get bored. Martin was trying to explain the history of rocks, and that was just to much for me. I got up and went back to my room. I tried finding a movie to watch. I settled on Star Wars. I was a massive fan. In fact, to top it all off, I slipped on my star wars t shirt as well, and giggled at I hopped back on my bed.

Wow I was really weird...

Luke Skywalker, had just had his meeting with Yoda. I hugged a pillow to my chest, as I watched. I sure did love Starwars. Urgh. See? Nerd here. Suddenly I heard a tapping at my window. I got up, pausing the TV, and peered outside. Blake was sat on the branch in the tree outside my bedroom window. I raised my eyebrows. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"Why shouldn't I be?" He smirked. Ah him and his ego.

"Well, you should knock at my door like a normal person, rather than scaring me half to death and tapping on my window. What are you doing here anyway?" I asked.

"I wanted to ask you why you weren't at the party yesterday."

"I was at the party. I just left early."

"Yeah as if I'm going to believe that." He scoffed. "Can I come in? He asked.

"No." I smirked. Then I shut the window, and hopped back on my bed, pressing play on my TV. There was several knocks on the window, before he fell silent. I think he'd left. Then it started thunder and raining outside. What if he was still here? I paused the TV, and walked towards my window. I peered again outside, and there was a soaking wet Blake, still sitting on the tree branch. He was shaking vigerously and I couldn't help but feel bad. I opened the window. "Blake!" I said. "You can come in." I smiled slightly. He shook a lot, when I helped pull himself through my window.

"T-thank y- you." He said. I ran to my bathroom and grabbed some towels, and wrapped them round him. He smiled, and wrapped his arms around himself. I also took a blanket from my bed, and put that around his shoulders too. I pressed play again on the TV but turned down the volume.

"I'm sorry I didn't let you in that time..." I said. All he did was smirk, and look at the Telivision.

"Starwars?" He laughed.

"Uh, yeah?"

"Your such a nerd Carter."

"I am no-"

"Yes you are."

"I know." I sighed.

"Tell me the truth. About the party."

"I swear-"

"Tell me the truth." He said sternly.

So I did.

~*~

a.n

i don't know what else to put here other than thanks for reading this horrible book