eleven

carter

"Wow." Skyla said. I nodded carfully, and leaned my head against the back of her bed.

"Pretty intense huh?" I said, adding a shaky laugh that didn't come off very convincing. She didn't reply, she just stared forwards, with her mouth slightly open. I don't know why she was so shocked. Maybe she thought that after Jack I would never get a date again? Haha, I love my best friend. Suddenly she just flung her arms around me and started screaming in my ear.

"MY BABY'S GROWING UP! Even though that Kylen guy was a jerk, he must have been pretty hot. Am I right, am I right?" She says wiggling her eyebrows. I laughed, but admitted it to her.

"Yeah he was pretty god damn hot." I say. She laughed. "But like you said, a total jerk!"

"But what about that Blake guy? I mean I'm sure the argument was just a misunderstanding. I think your just overthinking. It wasn't as bad as I expected to be honest. Your obviously over-reacting."

"I am NOT over-reacting!" I say, a bit over the top. I put my head in my hands.

"I over-reacted didn't I?" I ask. Peering through my finger, I saw Skyla nod, and I groaned. "What am I going to do now? He probably thinks I'm a right old drama queen."

"He was being a bit OTT as well Carty." She says.

"Yeah but not ask much as me." I say.

"Well look. The sollution is simple. You both apoligize to each other then admit your unconditional love for one another. Then you get married, have babies and live happily ever after until the rest of your days." She said, trying not to smile. I frowned.

"No Skyla. Its not like that between me and Blake. I don't like him that way. He's just a friend, I think."

"Okay then." She said smiling.

"Anyways, I'm glad you mingled with bad boys instead of girls. I was scared you was going to replace me." She pouted.

I chuckled at her childness.

"I could never replace you Sky."

"I know." She giggled then coughed.

"Ew, your spreading germs!" I say, and move father away from her. She frowns at me.

"I'll remember that next time your ILL!" She cries.

"BROWNIES!" Jennie's voice shouted to us, before I could say anything back.

"Yay!" Screams Skyla, and grabs my hand practically dragging my down the stairs. "Come ON Carter! Our brownies are ready!" She moaned.

"Fine!" I say, laughing. I jumped down the stairs two at a time following after Skyla.

"Well Skyla. I thought you was ill?"

"I AM mother!" She huffs. I laugh and so does Jennie. We sat down at the breakfast bar, and I looked at the fresh warm brownies. Gooey, melted chocolate oozing from them. My mouth watered, and I realized how hungry I really was. I took one biting down. I moaned.

"So good." I say.

"Thank you Carter." Jennie smiles at me. I looked over at Skyla, who's already stuffing her face. Load thuds from upstairs, and then running downstairs was heard.

"Did you leave any for me?" Mitch asks. I look at him, with an apolagetic look, and he smiles at me. I knew we were okay. I smiled back. I really had missed Mitch.

"Yes Mitch even though they were for the girls. Here you go." She says, and passes him one. He bites half of it then moans.

"Rest ver um." He says with his mouth wide open. I hide a grin, while Jennie scolds him. He winks at me and Skyla, then runs back up to his room. I'm glad me and him are now on speaking terms. My phone suddenly started buzzing in my back pocket. I took it out, and looked at the caller. Mom.