ten

carter

I walked out towards my car. I huffed loudly. I was so sick of all boys. I got in, and slammed the door behind me, the flashback flooding back of the argument.

*Flashback*

"What were you upset about then?" He asked me. The bell had just rung for next lesson, but even I couldn't be bothered to go to my next class. It was kind of obvious Blake wasn't leaving anytime soon, so why should I? I sighed. I was turning into someone I wasn't.

"Look, I don't want to talk about it."

"Come on. Don't be such a nerd." He said angrily. I'd had enough of him saying that.

"Look. I'm not a nerd. Get that in your brain!" I shouted, suddenly angry as well.

"Well I'm so-ry, but I'm only trying to be nice and look out for you. Something I don't normally do for people!" He shouted back.

"What so calling me a nerd is being nice is it? It pisses me off. Your pissing me off right now Blake." I said.

"Fine then. You know what? Don't talk to me. I'm not bothered about you or this anymore. Let Kylen bang you for all I care. I'm sick of trying to be nice and all I get in return is you being a bitch. Yeah I said it."

"Fine. Just leave me alone." I said, climbing down from my tree, and rushing to my car.

I managed to hear "Carter." Croak out of his mouth, before I left out of sight.

*End of Flashback*

And that's were I was now. Sitting in this car pissed of as hell. I needed to talk to Skyla, and quick. But she'd be in class now, and I cannot call her in the middle of class. She was almost as obsessed with work as I was.

But what if she was ill off or something?

I think I should call her...Just in case. I swiped through my contacts, and found Skyla's number. It rang four times before someone picked up. "Hello?" A voice croaked. So she was ill off. Hearing her voice again made tears well up.

"Skyla?" I chocked out.

"Carter?" She asked. "Why are you calling?"

"Because I miss my best friend." I said, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I- I miss you too! Why did you have to move Carter?" She asked.

"I don't know Sky. I wish we didn't move. Even though Jack was being a total dick...And about him. Whats been happening?"

"He's dating Izzy."

"He said he still loved me."

"That jerk!"

"Over text."

"My gosh. Have you met anyone else?"

"It's complicated" I said, more tears flowing down.

"Are you crying babe?" She asked. "Don't cry, otherwise I'll cry. Tell mama Skyla everything."

"I can't do it over phone." I said.

"Then I'm driving. I don't care how ill I am."

"No, I'll drive. I'm skipping the rest of the school day anyway. My mom won't care, and neither will anyone else." I said sadly.

"Skipping school? How many times did I try and persuade you to skip a day of school and you being the goody too shoes you are never agreed. What changed?" She laughed lightly to try and smooth the mood. "Okay then." She said when I didn't reply. "Well how about we meet halfway? It is a long drive..."