4.

When Liam gets the call, he is driving to work with heavy lids and an even heavier heart.

The boy fumbles in his pocket at the insistent ringing of his phone, muttering in annoyance the entire while. His hand lingers on the steering wheel, while he answers the call using his other hand.

"Hello? Yeah, it's Liam." Pause. "Wait- What? Zayn? You mean Malik? Zayn Malik?" Pause. "Shit, shit, oh shit, yeah I'm just getting there, yeah...but are you sure it's Zayn?" Pause. "Mhm, I'm coming. Mhm." Silence.

He finds his breathing quicken uncontrollably, and he swerves off the road so he can calm down.

Liam clutches the steering wheel so tight his knuckles turn white, but his hands are still trembling and trembling, and his body is still shaking and shaking and why the hell are his eyes stinging?

Because he cannot lose Zayn.

He looks into the rearview mirror and sees himself, with red-rimmed eyes and chapped lips and unshaven stubble, and a trace of hopelessness. So tears somehow make their way into his eyes, trailing down his cheeks.

Because he may well be a wreck, but he cannot lose Zayn.

There are obnoxiously loud car horns all around him, and the distant noise of traffic, but Liam is just inert during the process of his misfortunate destiny stumbling and tripping. 

He wants to yell at each and every driver in each and every car around him, because Zayn Malik is slowly dying somewhere in some hospital room, so why why why are their lives going on like nothing is wrong?

Because there are seven billion people in the world, so why the hell did it have to be his Zayn Malik?

--

heyyy x this is sad srry :c 

i'd love it if you guys could comment and tell me what you think? :) 

thank you for reading and voting and all, means a lot <33