Epilogue

~Wasn't that the point of life? To find someone to share it with? And if you got that part right, how far wrong could you go? If you were standing next to the person you loved more than everything else, wasn't everything else just scenery? -Landline~

Epilogue

"It Wasn't Supposed to End This Way" is a huge hit. Everyone loves it, cast, crew and the audience. Alex's engagement is announced formally to the entire fanbase, and everyone goes crazy about it all. The news of me gets out too, and I swear the support and love for Starkid has never been bigger. Everywhere we go online there's something about either the show, Alex or me. I'm pretty sure we started trending on Twitter, too. 

Nicki told everyone after the first week of shows that she's pregnant again, and that she and Joey have decided they are officially moving to Chicago.

"We think that being here, being with people that make us better, make us happier and appreciate us, that's what the baby needs. It and Rose. And we wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

Rachael and I are happier than I think we've ever been. We started living together at her apartment, and are starting to look at apartments together, slightly bigger than her's. Whenever Natalie is in town, she, Clark, me and Rachael, Dylan and Alex and Joey and Nicki all go out together on the town. We've all been getting closer since everything went down, and it's insane to me that my life has turned around so quickly.

Who knew that after everything, I'd manage to find a happy ending for myself, that I'd be loved, feel love, that I'd be even remotely happy? I can't imagine what my life would have been like if I never moved to Chicago, if I didn't make that choice to listen to the Lang brothers. I'm glad I did.

Tonight is Alex and Dylan's engagement party, since we have a night off from shows. I've spent hours working on part of the present, and it's finally finished.

I don't know what the future holds for me and Rachael and the rest of Starkid, but for right now, I'm going to believe it's going to be good.

I think I'm truly ready to start believing in myself.

Dear Alex,

I just want to thank you first and foremost, for everything you've ever done for me. For saving me from the tumor, for never hating me like you should have, for always being there for me. You may not have been my true love, but you're my guardian angel. And I couldn't be happier.

I never got a chance to thank you for all of this, especially for giving Rachael your letter from me. Because I know what you were trying to do. You were trying to tell Rachael that I love her if I couldn't say it again, because I do. I love her more than I've loved anyone. She makes me smile, she makes me laugh, she makes me better. She makes me the person that you knew was inside of me. The person no one else bothered to look for when I got out of the hospital the first time. You have saved my life so many times, in more ways than I could ever express to you in just a letter or in person. It's something I'll have to show you.

I'm happy you have Dylan. I'm happy you and I are friends again. I'm happy that I have Rachael. I'm happy Starkid is now exactly what it should have always been. I'm happy now. It took me over a year to admit that out loud, but I'm honestly happy. You deserve so much more credit than you get, but you're honestly a good person. Despite what you or anyone else ever says, remember that you're the you that everyone wants to be around, you're the you that we all care about. You're the you I once fell in love with. You're perfect just the way you are, and I can never stop appreciating that. What I said to you that day, I was wrong to. I don't know if you have Stockholm or not, but it shouldn't matter. Because you saved my life.

Rachael is... perfect. And if you hadn't helped me, if you had given up on me like everyone else around here had before, I'd never know. I'd never have fallen in love again. And I'll thank you until I die for that. Because I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

Thank you for everything you have ever done for me, Alex. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for being you. Thank you for my after everything.

-Jeff

THE END

A/N: (How many times can I shove the title into the ending? AS MANY TIMES AS I WANT MOTHERFUCKA!!) Thank you all for reading the REAL ending, and I hope you enjoyed your journey -  though a short one - with Jeff and Rachael!

Some small thank you's:

Thanks Mona for helping me get through this book mentally and being a great friend, even though I'm going to send you this in a screen shot because you aren't a fan fic reader xP

Thanks Natalie for being my favorite person I've met on this website and being the best friend I could ever ask for.

Thanks Molly for making 2 or 3 of your Snapchat stories ABOUT THIS BOOK AND ME. Glad I could rip your feels out for another book. Thanks for all of your support, kiddo.

And thank you to all my readers for your hilarious comments, constant support, and reads. My time as a fan fiction writer is now over, but I still hope you all continue to come on this journey of writing with me!! Because if not for all of you, I wouldn't be where I am. Thank you all for everything. I love you guys <3