- Chapter Two -

WARNING: There will be some explicit language in this chapter!

*one more chapter before the movie plot begins.*

••Flashbacks & Tattoos••

     The bell of a tattoo shop 'dinged' as Alina walked in, closely followed by a young man. Her laughter rang throughout the shop, grabbing the attention of both the tattoo artist and the client he was currently working on. "Nick! Stop, that is not how I remember it happening," Alina laughed. Nick let out a chuckle and pulled her against his side, "I'm pretty sure it was like that, babe." He kissed the side of her head as she rolled her eyes, giving up on wanting to show him he was wrong.

     It had been exactly a year and a half since Carly introduced Alina to her friends. They all accepted her with open arms into their small little group. Alina could say that they were all (in some way) her best friends. The ones she knew she could trust, no matter what. Within, that year and a half, Nick and Alina began to get closer. Within the two months of meeting eachother, they began to go out and then proceeded to making it official. Carly wasn't completely fond of the idea at first, but after witnessing how the two were with each other-- she came to accept it.

     The couple walked up to the counter, to were a woman around her early thirties stood. She looked up and smiled, "Hello, how can I help you?" She was a pretty. With bright red hair and many tattoos and piercing covering her body, that complimented her just right. "Hi, I'm here for my seven o'clock appointment," Alina replied.

     Alina had been waiting for this for the past week. After a long time of thinking, she had come to the conclusion that she wanted to get a tattoo. Though, she would always procrastinate in getting it done, for the sole fact that she didn't know WHAT to get. She knew she wanted something that held meaning to it and wasn't just one of those things she would end up regretting in the future. So with the help of Nick, she finally found something she wanted and was ready to get it tattooed. "Okay, I have you here. Scott, over there, is just about done with his client " the girl behind the counter pointed at the tattoo artist, who was in fact finished with his client and was wiping down his station. "Just give him a couple of minutes to clean up and he'll be right right with you."

     True to her word, a couple of minutes (after Nick and Alina took a seat to wait) Scott walked over and told them he was ready.Both Alina and Nick stood and walked over to Scott's station, hand in hand. After sitting on the chair, Alina let Scott know what she wanted done. " I want the phrase 'with pain, comes strength' going across my rib." Alina said, while at the same time lifting up her shirt to show the tattoo artist where. "Are you sure? Getting tattooed on the ribs is pretty painful..."

"Yeah, I'm sure."

•~•~•~•~•

"So? How was it?" Nick asked as they drove through town, looking for a place to have dinner.

"Painful" Alina winced.

     Nick let out a small laugh at his girlfriend. Truth is, Nick knew how having a needle puncture through your skin a thousand times felt. He, himself, had a tattoo on his upper arm. Though from the looks of it, and how hard Alina held on to his hand, he could assume hers was a little more painful. Looking over at his girlfriend, he could not help but to think back to when she had finally agreed to go on a date with him...

•Flash Back•

Alina groaned for what seemed like the hundredth time in the last hour. Nick kept insisting she go on a date with him that weekend. Though, if she were being honest, the truth was that she secretly liked how persistent he was. After the two months of knowing him, she began to crush on him.