- Chapter Three -

A/N:

Sorry I couldn't update on Friday. My WiFi was down and I was finally able to update today.

Any who, on this week's (Friday) chapter we will begin the movie plot. This chapter is a little crappy, but it gets right to the point.

Enjoy & don't forget to review!!

=================================

○◦○The Breakup○◦○

It had been a couple of months since Nick had taken Alina to get her tattoo done and things had been going great for everyone. They would all get together once in a while and just hang out. Blake would sometimes bring up his favorite college football team and talk about how he would go to the final game if they made it. He was obsessed with that team it was pretty weird. But, hey, it was Blake. Carly and Wade were still going good, though, Wade still stirred clear from Nick whenever the whole gang would get together. Alina found it amusing at times.

Alina sat across from Carly in her table as they looked over Carly's internship applications. Carly was planning to apply to different places to help her career in journalism in hopes that she would get accepted in one of them. So far, the girls had gone over a few places that Carly thought could be potentials, while there were others she just didn't even think about giving them a second look. She knew that if she wanted her career to work out, she had to take some risks and apply for some of the bigger places.

"Here, why don't you apply for In-Style? They're a pretty good magazine, plus it's in New York!" Alina pointed out, as she looked over the magazine's website.

"Yeah, why not? Though, I doubt they will consider me. I'm sure there are hundreds of others wanting to intern for them. But let's give it a try." Carly says, filling out the application and sending in everything they require through e-mail.

"Now we wait for a call telling saying you have an interview. Then, hopefully, you get the spot!" Alina was excited for her friend. She knew that Carly would do a great job and work her ass off as an intern, any where that took her.

"So? What about you? What's next for you?"

"Well, once this year is over I will have my BSN. Then, go to school for another two years to get my MSN. Once that's done, I apply to a good hospital." Alina replies. She's always known that once she grew up, she wanted to become nurse. Her parents would always ask why she didn't just become a doctor, to which she would always reply; 'Being a doctor puts a lot more of a responsibility on me, than becoming a Registered Nurse. I could still help people, but not carry that much weight on my shoulders...'

That was Alina's answer every time and it never changed. Plus, she hated having to spent so much time in school. She already had to endure 12 years of school from elementary to highschool and that was not including pre-school. Then another 6 years to become a registered nurse. If she became a doctor, then all her life might have been about school. So yeah, Alina hated having to attend school so much.

"Well then, just two more years and I'll be the one helping you out with applications" Carly says looking over at her friend. "So? Where's my brother haven't seen him in a while..."

"He left early today. Said something about meeting up with Dalton." Nick had received a phone call from his best friend Dalton early that day telling him he needed to talk. Alina wasn't sure what was going on, all she knew was that as soon as Nick finished his call with Dalton, he left saying he would be back later.

"Wonder what those two are getting themselves into?" Carly joked, rolling her eyes.

"It's like the three musketeers, except they don't have the third musketeer," Alina laughed.

The girls joked around some more, making fun of Nick and Dalton and their friendship that some how got them into more trouble that they could wish for. Though, both girls didn't know how right they were about the boys getting into trouble and just how much it would be, until a knock came from Alina's apartment door.

Standing up from her seat, she made her way towards the front door and opened it. Standing in the other side of the door were two police officers. Alina's heart began to beat quickly at the sight of them, not knowing why they were there. "Hello, ma'am. Are you the girlfriend of Nick Jones?"

At hearing her boyfriends name, Alina began to worry. Did something happen to Nick? Was he okay? Where was he? Were some of the questions going through Alina's head. Alina was too caught up in her own mind, that she didn't notice when Carly joined her side and answered the question for her.

"Yes, she is. I'm his sister Carly. Is there something wrong?"

"Hello, Ms.Jones. Your brother has been arrested for theft of a vehicle and evading arrest. We are here to ask you some questions if that is okay?"

After that, everything seemed be like a blur to Alina. The officers had come in and asked both her and Carly a few question that she tried to answer, but found it hard to speak after she learned that Nick would be going to jail for sometime if the judge found him guilty. She knew that it would most likely come to that, if he did steal a car and evade arrest. It was times like these that she wished her boyfriend wouldn't be such a hothead.

Now, she laid on her side of the bed just staring up at the white ceiling of the bedroom she shared with Nick. It was around 8 in the evening and around this time she would usually be up and doing anything, but knowing the situation her boyfriend of two years now was locked away, she just couldn't find the energy in her to do anything. So, she decided to call it a day and try to will herself to sleep.

Twenty minutes later, her eyes finally began to close until darkness consumed her.

•~•~•~•~•

Five months later, Alina found herself sitting behind a glass window while Nick sat on the other side. Both holding on to a phone as they looked at eachother.

A week after Nick was arrested, he had his hearing where the judged ended up giving him a fine of $1,000 and a year in County jail. She wasn't sure what the hell had happened that day in the court and what was being said. All she got out of it was that her boyfriend would be in jail for a year. She honestly didn't know what to think. She knew that Nick had done other things that could get him arrested before, but this time he actually did get arrested.

Nick sighed, as he looked at his girlfriend. He knew that this was hard for her. He thought that she would not want anything to do with him when he got arrested, but here she was, five months into his sentence. Three months into his sentence, he told her the truth about that day. He told her how he had covered up for Dalton. At first she had been pissed at him that she had not visited him in two weeks, but eventually she came around and understood where Nick was coming from.

He knew that she would always be there by his side no matter what, and for that very reason and seeing her right in front of him, he knew that what he was going to do was for the best. She deserved better than having to visit her boyfriend in jail every week. She needed someone that was actually going to be out there in the real world with her. She shouldn't have to be stuck with him while he was away. She shouldn't have to deal with his problems. Therefore, even though it killed him to do it, he had to let her go.

"Alina..." As soon as her full name escaped his lips, she knew that today's visit was not going to be like the others. "I can't do this anymore. You shouldn't have to deal with this... We need to breakup."

Alina sat there in shock, not knowing what had just happened. By the time she had gotten herself together, Nick was already being escorted out of the visiting room by an officer. Alina sat there with tears streaming down her face, staring at the door Nick disappeared through. Just like that, her relationship with Nick Jones was over.

=======================================

Published: 9-6-2015

Unedited