- Chapter Five -

A/N:

Sorry for the shortness and thank you for the reads, comments, & votes. Enjoy!!

================================

○◦○Camp-Out Pt.1○◦○

Awkward. Complete and utter awkwardness, is what Alina felt. Let's not forget the fact that she was sitting stiff as a stick as well. She cursed Paige so many times in her head, that she almost gave herself a headache trying to come up with new curses she had yet to use. Out of all the the different seats she could be sitting at the moment, she had to be stuck in between Nick and Dalton. The awkwardness between her and Nick was just ridiculous. Everyone in the car could feel it, but all decided to stay quiet. Plus, it did not help that she had to sit at such close proximity to him, all thanks to Wade's small car. Sure Dalton could have sat in the middle instead of herself, but it would have been even more cramped than it already was.

Closing her eyes and letting out a small sigh, she decided to relax; if not, than she was sure to get some sort of cramp. Through the corner of her eye, she saw Nick leaning against the window. She had been stealing glances at him for the past hour and a half they had been driving. She would kick herself mentally for that, but she continued to do it either way.

He saw how stiff she had gotten as soon as she sat next to him, before they left the diner. He wanted to give her room, therefore he was leaning against the window, making as much room between them as possible. He could feel the awkward tension and tried his best to ignore it by trying to get some shut eye.

A few minutes passed by as they continued the drive. Not being able to take the quietness any longer, Alina sat forward and spoke to Wade, "Hey, Wade? Can you put the radio on, please?"

"Yeah, sure." He replied, turning on the radio. Truth was he was kind of relieved she asked. He too could not take the quietness.

"Thanks."

"Record crowds are expected for college football's biggest game of the year..." a man's voice announced through the radio, as he talked about the football game they were all heading to. "... As Louisiana and Florida..."

Hearing this, Wade said, "It's gonna be packed tomorrow."

"Really?" Alina asked mockingly at Wade, though she spoke with a tone of playfulness to let him know it just a joke. This received her a small smile from Wade through the rear-view mirror.

"Speaking of packed, my legs are killing me back here, man." Dalton complained as he moved around in his seat. Alina, just leaned back against the backrest of the seat, and looked forward towards the back of Blake's truck that was driving ahead of them.

"Don't worry, man, it's not Wade's fault his little Hot Wheels Car only fits two." Nick mumbled, causing Alina to roll her eyes and closed them as she leaned her head back. Now looking up at the car's ceiling.

Letting out a snort, Dalton added in "It's more like a 'shot wheels' car, isn't it?" However, he wasn't done there. "What did you do, go to the barbershop and ask for a He-Man haircut?"

"Shut up, Dalton" Alina told him, seeing the look on Carly's face. Ignoring her, Dalton continued to chuckle at his own joke and leaned over hitting Nick on the arm. Nick letting out a chuckle of his own, also leaned over Alina to hit Dalton back. Once again, Alina rolled her eyes at them, but found it a little amusing. Feeling more crowded, she placed her hands on Nick's arm and chest, she slightly pushed him back to his own seat. As he sat back, they stared at each other, with Alina removing one hand and only leaving the one on his chest in place.

God, it would have been a complete lie if she said she did not want to kiss him at that moment. But knew, it wasn't going to happen. Nick slowly placed his hand over hers and squeezing it gently, holding on to it. The only person that noticed this was Carly. Dalton was still too busy laughing with himself and Wade was focused on the road, trying not to feel hurt by what Nick and Dalton had said. She looked away, not wanting to get caught.

The small moment between the ex-lovers was broken by the bright red lights of Blake's car. Removing her hand away from Nick, Alina tries to fight the heat rising in her cheeks as she looks ahead to try and see what was happening. Nick seeing this quickly asks, "What the hell is this?"

Up ahead the road was blocked making the both cars take a detour from their original route. "Oh, man" Dalton complains, as Carly adds in, "This sucks!"

"So much for his nice little shortcut." Wade says sarcastically as he continues to drive behind Blake.

~●~●~●~●~

The only sounds that could be heard in the deserted road, were those of the two engines belonging to the vehicle of the friends.Another fifteen minutes of driving and all that surrounded them was nothing and an endless darkness that seemed to stretch so far.

"Hey, do you guys think we're lost?" Alina asked, noticing their surroundings.

"You might be right. Hey, babe? Pull up next to them to ask." Carly says. Doing what his girlfriends asks, Wade picks up the speed and pulls up next to Blake's truck muttering about 'shortcuts' and 'getting lost'.

As the smaller drives next to the bigger one, Dalton notices a blonde head belonging to Paige, bobbing up and down. It would have not been such a big deal if it was not for the placement of where the bobbing was happening. Right above Blake's lap area. Or so it appeared. However, Dalton being Dalton had to point it out. "Damn! Yo, yo, wake up! Wake up!"

Nick feeling his best friend shake him awake from the small five minute nap he was trying to take, looks towards what he was fussing about. Alina having to have Dalton lean over her to reach Nick, is also brought to what Dalton is seeing. She notices Dalton quickly reaching for his camera and begin to record the moving vehicle next to them. This time it is Alina's turn to lean over Dalton to get a view of the bobbing head. She let's out a laugh at what she sees. Everyone in the car begin to laugh and make fun of what they are seeing, Nick even goes far as to reach over Wade and honk at them.

This grabs the couple's attention and realize what their friends were thinking. A few seconds later, Carly's phone begins to ring as Paige calls her. Paige begins to try and explain that she had dropped her lip balm and was only trying to retrieve it. At hearing Carly repeat her friend's words, Alina and the others begin to laugh not believing it.

After a good laugh, Carly gets serious and asks about what the plan for the night would be. She patiently waits as Paige talks to Blake about it. At the end it was decided that they would camp out for the night and wake up early to get to the game on time. So, they continued to drive and try to figure out where they would camp-out at.

=========================

Published: 10-2-2015

Unedited