- Chapter Four -

○◦○So It Begins...○◦○

Alina walked around her apartment's living room making sure she had everything she needed, for this road trip/ camping trip Blake had planned out a year ago. At first, Alina was all about going and having a good time with her friends, but after the breakup with Nick, she became a shell of herself. It had taken Carly and Paige an entire two months to get her back to her normal self; well as much as they could, at least. As far as this trip went, she had cancelled out on her friends saying that she wasn't really up to it anymore. Especially, since it was going to be couples only.

Carly had told her that even though Nick was released from jail a month ago, both he and Dalton were not going to be going on the trip. Alina was still unconvinced, but eventually agreed to go as long as Nick wasn't going. She had not seen him since he broke up with her, and was not ready to do so anytime soon.

Of course she still loved him, but she was hurt. Eventually, that hurt turned into anger. She was so angry that he just ended things the way he did. She couldn't believe that he didn't let her talk and tell him that she didn't care if he was going to be locked up for a year; that she was only going to see him once or twice every two weeks; that no matter what, she was going to wait for him because she loved him enough to do so. So, it was a mixture of both anger and hurt that she felt and still continues to feel since that day.

Hearing a car honk outside, Alina quickly grabbed her bag - that contained extra pair of clothes- and her tent. Quickly putting on her sunglasses, she walked out the door locking it in the process. As she made her way to her apartment's parking lot, she spotted Blake's new blue 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche he had recently bought. Parked beside them was Wade's 1968 Dodge Charger. Blake and Paige both stepped out of his truck walking up to her. Once Blake greeted Alina with a hug, he proceeded to help her with the tent and put it on the bed of his truck while Paige greeted her next.

Pulling away from the hug, Alina noticed Carly get out of Wade's car and make her way towards them. What caught Alina's attention though, was the guilty look Carly had. Looking over at Paige, she saw the same look on her face.

"Hey, Alina." Carly greeted her with a hug.

"Hey... Is something wrong? You have this look on your face..." Alina asked, not knowing what to expect when they told her.

"Look, before I tell you, just know that it was Blake's idea. Okay?" Carly said, holding on to her friend's arms gently. Paige nodded her head in agreement with Carly. Now Alina definitely didn't know if she should be feeling worried or not.

"Dalton is coming with us to the game..." Alina knew what Carly was going to say before she even said it. If Dalton was going, then HE was going, too. "And so is Nick."

Alina stayed quiet, taking in the new information. After a couple of seconds, she finally nodded her head slowly. "Okay, but I'm riding with Paige and Blake."

"That's perfectly fine. Now come on before Blake blows a casket if we hold them up anymore than we already have." Paige stated, pulling Alina towards the truck and a waiting Blake.

Not once did Alina turn to Wade's car to see if he really was there, even if she knew he was. She just wanted to get going and get herself prepared for the encounter she knew was unavoidable.

---------

A couple of hours and a lot of thinking in Alina's part, the two vehicle pulled into a small diner off the freeway. Everybody stepped out stretching their stiff bodies, trying to get the knots that had build up from the stiffness out.