5. Mysterious Matt i

Chapter five - Mysterious Matt part one

"I was so close to punching her in the face," Joanne said as she paced up and down in Alexis' room.

"Well, at least she let the truth come out you know? It would've sucked to find out later on I guess," Alexis said from the bathroom where she was washing her face.

"How could he do that to you though? He should've just ended it," Joanne said, fists curled up at her sides.

"Let's stop thinking of what should have happened and focus on what is to happen," Alexis dried her face and sat on the silver armchair opposite the her bed.

"Yes, you're right. We're going to make this the most awesome beach week you've ever had!"

"Right on," Alexis grinned," I just need to put all of this away in a box, seal it and never open it again."

"How many times have you told yourself that?" Joanne asked, eyebrows raised.

"Enough times. I'm tired of crying," Alexis feigned a sad expression.

"Anyway, I have something to show you. I got a new follower on Instagram, he's such a heart throb," Alexis said and she pretended to faint into the armchair.

"Ooh lemme see?" Joanna said, practically jumping on top of Alexis.

"Chill," Alexis said, pushing Joanne's face away from her cellphone, "Let me open Instagram first."

Alexis opened the app, took a quick look for herself then handed the phone to Joanne. Joanne looked at his pictures, and a smirk started to form on her lips.

"Hello pretty boy," Joanne licked her lips," Why does he only have three pictures though?"
"I don't know. Probably new to Instagram."

"Probably a catfish."

"Oh shut up Joanne, you have no faith in humankind," Alexis said, secretly hoping the account wasn't one of stolen pictures.

"Not after Nathan. I'm kidding though, I think he's quite real. And that name, woah, Matthew. You can call him Matt," Joanne said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh stop it, I haven't even spoken to him."

"Well maybe you should," Joanne winked.
She started to type something on Alexis phone, but was disrupted when Alexis tackled her on to the bed and locked her phone.

"Don't even try it," Alexis threatened.

"Oh come on, relax. I'm sure he's a cool guy."

"No. I'm not trying to set myself up for disaster," Alexis said, putting her phone in her pocket.

"Let me finish packing, then we can go downstairs and watch a movie with Michael."

"Can I use your phone?" Joanne pouted and batted her eyelashes.

"You wish, you have tricks up your sleeve," Alexis chuckled.

Joanne sighed, then relaxed on Alexis' bed, pulling her own phone out of her pocket. Alexis smiled, glancing at her friend. She packed her underwear into a small bag and placed it in her suitcase. She zipped up the suitcase and placed it by her door, next to her guitar.

The next things to to pack was her sketchbooks, laptop and iPod. Alexis emptied her school backpack and placed everything inside neatly. She doubted there would be time to use all of those things but it was just better to pack them, especially for the journey. When she was done, she folded the clothes she had taken out of her cupboard neatly and then joined Joanna on the bed.