21. The real Matthew Sanderson

Chapter twenty one - The real Matthew Sanderson

After the funeral, Matthew went to Nathan's house with his friends and family. When he saw Alexis, he bade farewell to the people he knew and left. It wasn't time for Alexis to encounter him face to face. Matthew drove home, leaving his parents with Nana Harrison.

When Matthew got home, he retrieved the key from a potted plant and let himself into the suburban home.

He removed his blazer and put it down on the couch next to where he sat. Matthew unlocked his phone and opened the Instagram app. He logged out of his account and tried to sign into the 'matt_sands' account he had created for Nathan.

Alexisbranson
AlexisBranson
alexisbranson
bransona
abranson
alexisb
He typed in all the passwords he could think of  but was futile.

"What was it?" Matthew groaned. He looked at the black wall in front of him and racked his brain. It had something to do with Alexis, that much he knew, but he couldn't remember what exactly.

getalexisback

"Finally!" Matthew fist pumped the air. He settled onto the couch and scrolled all the way up so that he could see what Nathan had been telling her.
Most of it was right, Alexis already knew Matt and now he knew a bit about her. Matthew was relieved, there wasn't much weak to be done then. He just hoped she wouldn't notice the difference in the way that he texted.

matt_sands:
Hey. I hope you're okay, I heard about Nathan.. I had no idea he was the guy you were talking about. I'm sorry for taking so long to reply, I got really busy.

lexisxx:
You knew Nathan?

"I also knew about his 'unfailing' plan that get you back," Matthew sighed.

matt_sands:
Yeah

lexisxx:
How?

matt_sands:
We were friends when we were younger

lexisxx:
You were at the funeral..

matt_sands:
I didn't know what to say to you

Matthew has been a little surprised to see her. Of course she would be there but he hadn't expected her to notice him.

lexisxx:
That's okay.. I'm sorry for your loss.

matt_sands:
Hey, I'm okay. I'm sorry too, when you spoke, I could see how much you cared about him and how much you loved him

lexisxx:
Well, I just wish I had said that when he was alive you know.. There are so many unspoken words between us. If I had said something earlier, maybe he'd still be alive. It's too late to fix anything now

"Oh how I wish I could tell you. You talked to him everyday, you just didn't know it."
Matthew stopped himself from telling her everything. She was already broken and she didn't need any more hurt to add to her list.

matt_sands:
It sounds like you're blaming yourself for this

lexisxx:
I can't help but feel it was my fault