~Chapter 17~

((A/N: yey I got a three day weekend so that means updateeee ....okai and hopefully you guys read the last authors note because it's kinda [not really?] important. Anyway hopefully your guys will enjoy this month's chapter~~ [btw there might be some mistakes here and there; I'll fix it later]))

Karasu's Pov

After what happened to me that night, I decided it would definitely be a good idea to do some research. But as expected, I couldn't find anything in the human library.

Obviously....hmm.. I wonder if Reiji will let me use his?... Maybe if I ask him politely he wouldn't get pissed off and glare at me with his eye muscles strained....maybe that's why he wears glasses?....meh his fault.

Placing the book, which was in my hand back into the shelf, I made my way back to the mansion. I then spotted Yui being lead right into the graveyard by Kanato, while holding some roses.

What is she doing?... Don't tell me-

(~A few minutes ago~)

Yui's Pov ((A/N: BAM DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING NOW DID YOU?))

I was cutting the roses from the stem while thinking over what Laito-kun told me last night.

"The very church you have faith in, was the one that brought this fate upon you~"

...That..can't be true...he's definitely lying... they would never do that to me.

A familiar voice then snapped me out of it, "Yui-san." I turned around and saw Kanato-kun standing with Teddy in his arms as usual while staring right back me.

"I would like you to pick up those roses and follow me."

"..eh?..." I stared at him dumbfounded.

"I don't like to be kept waiting."

---------------------------------------------

After I picked the roses from the bush, I followed Kanato-kun and into what looks like a graveyard. Shivers ran down my spine, but I tried to keep it hidden.

I must stay strong for Karasu-san, I can't always rely on her....

"..What are we doing here?" I finally had the guts to ask.

"Graves are so deeply dark and full of the smell of death...they're great right?.. I love graves..."

"They're cold and quiet and indifferent to terror..." Kanato-kun then pointed to a grave in front of him.

"My mother lies here."

huh?

"Would you believe that?...Although it hardly matters, right Teddy?"

"Please place those roses there." and so I did what he'd asked, and walked forward towards the ominous tombstone. Thinking that this was all I had to do, I turned around and began to leave.

"Where do you think your going?"

"h-huh eh.. well I thought you wer-"

"I invited you here, and you have the nerve to just leave just because it DISPLEASES YOU..!" Kanato-kun then began to snatch the roses from the grave, and began to thrash it on to the tombstone like there was dust on it. My voice began to quiver as I started to speak.

"N-no..please s-stop..!"

"DON'T ORDER ME AROUND!"

"B-but this was your mother's grave right?"

"HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND ME?!"

Kanato-kun began to take small steps towards me. Terrified, I took a step back, but ended up tripping on one of the stones and fell backwards. He stared at me a bit, the he bursts out into a fit of insane laughter.

"THAT'S GREAT HAHAHAHAHAA.... LOOK HOW PATHETIC YOU LOOK!"

"THIS IS HOW YOU ARE WITHOUT KARASU-SAN..! YOU CAN'T EVEN PROTECT YOURSELF! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..!" ((A/N: I'm just laughing at my own 'HAHAHAHAHAs' honestly...yeah I'm pretty lame uwu))

What he said wasn't false, thinking this to myself my head lies low in shame. However I can only mutter these few words.

"I'm..sorry..."

---------------------------------------------

Karasu's Pov

I watched the whole thing by the sidelines, aka the shadows and hopefully now I won't be paralyzed like last time, cause that would be pretty shitty. Kanato then proceeds to pinned her on to the dusty ground, preparing to bite her.

Now.

I step out the shadows and push Kanato out of the way, he sprawls across the ground and stays there for a bit.

"K-Karasu-san..!" I looked at the relieved Yui.

"You should really learn how to protect yourself better..."

"I'm sorry..."

"..and stop apologizing so much."

"I'm sor-" she clasps her hand against her mouth to prevent herself from saying the all too familiar phrase.

"Now get out of here." Yui nods her head, mutters a quick 'Thank you' and runs out of the graveyard.

I turn around and stare at where Kanato was, but he was gone along with Teddy that was sitting on top of a tombstone. Yui is now safe (for now), but one thing still lingers in my head.

Why did he kill his own mother?...

---------------------------------------------

I update every month now~~

and maybe 2 if I'm lucky but I already have a project going on so...yeh

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as usual ...I already said that at the beginning o-e

Eh

Bye-bye~

~Cupcake C.