Chapter 6

Samantha's POV
You know how when a person talks about something they love there is this sparkle in their eyes that just starts shining like it never did before. That exact same shine, exact same sparkle was in Diana's eyes when she told me about what happened with her and Sam.
"Wow. You know you could just ask for his number?" I say as I continue eating from the popcorn I made to listen to another fault in our stars story.
"No. No no no. No way. Listen I've met so many guys before, and I've done worst with guys I barely know, I might just like them at the beginning but then I just don't. I honestly don't know how to explain this.." She says as she looks down from my face.
"D, if you don't mind me asking, why do you do this? You're 14 turning 15 and all what you do is get drunk, get high, and give night stands. What for?" I ask not knowing if I should've or should've not asked that.
Diana's POV
"Yeah it's fine. Four years ago, my mom got in a car accident. Her and my dad had an argument and it was after midnight. They always argue but this one, this one was different. They were screaming so loud at each other that I couldn't sleep. Then my mom left the room and took my younger sister, Ashly, with her and left the house. My mother, didn't enter my room and ask if she can join me like she always does, instead she just left the house on a stormy night with my 2 years old sister and drove away..." I paused to take a breathe of air not realizing that tears already started streaming down my eyes. "An hour later, the home phone rang, and when my sister answered it, all I heard was her scream and sob to the floor as she calls my dad's name. I was curled up in my bed crying and hoping she would come back home and curl up next to me and tell me all what happened. Hearing Destiny, my sister, scream and cry just made me know what obviously happened. I couldn't move. I just stayed curled up, crying, shaking, and hoping she would enter that door one more time to curl up next to me and just cry our eyes to sleep." Taken by surprise Samantha hugs me tightly as I feel some of her tears fall on my neck.
"There there. I'm so sorry. I had no idea." Samantha says as her voice starts trembling in guilt.
"Don't be.." I say as I move away and continue, "you had to know. Anyways," I say as I wipe my tears and continue saying, "at that time, my mom didn't die but my sister Ashly did. My mom ended up in the emergency room for 6 months. Then the doctor said that her situation was hard and she wouldn't be helped more than this. A couple of days later, on May 26th 2012, she passed away. After she passed away I felt empty, like there is no one to go to and all I wanted was to forget and surround myself by people who would enjoy my company. So I faked an ID, went to Rock It club, and met Nick. I had a crush on him for a while and decided to do something about it. So one day, i decided to go talk to him but suddenly as I got up I saw him walking towards me and smiling. We met, got to know each other, and being around him made me feel comfortable and safe. He met my sister and decided to ask me out one day, but then we both knew that wouldn't work out. He told me he was over me, but I don't know if I am. Everything became worse and all what could be done was to drink to forget." I say and then realize that I've never said this to anyone, and doubt I ever will.
"D, I know it's not my place to say this, but forgetting isn't the way through this, moving on is. As your new best friend I'll always be here to help." She says with a smile that gave me hope.
"Thank you." I say as I tuck myself to bed.
"For what?" She says laying down next to me.
"Everything." And for the first time I sleep with a smile.
~~~~~~~~~
Now we know what happened but I honestly wonder what did her parents argue about. I'm so excited and happyyyy! Anyways, as I said during the weekend id publish chapter 6 so here it is. School starts on Monday so I'm sorry if I'm not posting much. Anyways guys would you please go follow this page on Instagram, t.umblrfeels. Thankyouu.