Moving Day

Ronni's POV:

" We are so proud of you! " my mother cooed as she hugged me.

" Wasn't our first choice, but I'll be sour about it later. " my dad laughed.

" You told me to decide? I decided. " I grabbed my bags and put them on the cart.

I finished putting my bags on the cart and said my goodbyes. I then walked into the dorms and found my room. When I opened the door, nobody was there. I knew I had a roommate, so I guess that he hasn't came yet.

" Alright, let's get this started. " I said to myself, shuffling through my bags and putting everything away.

" Hey? " a deep voice spoke and I jumped.

" Shit! " I said catching my breath.

" My bad! " he smiled. " I'm Johny. "

" I'm Ronni! " I smiled back at him.

I examined his skin and realized that it was two toned. I had heard about this disease, it was called vitiligo. I didn't mind it at all because I would never judge anyone. A friend is a friend, and if I see anyone talking about him? It's going down.

" They're having an event for the freshman on the campus, wanna' go? " he asked putting his things away.

" Hell yeah! " I zipped up my suitcases and put them away.

" That's wassup. Are you........gay? " he stumbled.

" Yes, are you? " I asked.

" Yeah, but don't worry, I won't try you or anything. " he replied.

" It's cool, at least they partnered me up with someone attractive. " I said and he blushed.

" You think I'm attractive? "

" Yes, look at you! Those muscles, that baby face? Just because you don't exactly look like the rest of us, that doesn't make you any different. " I explained.

" Thanks, that really means a lot. " he zipped his suitcases up. " You ready? "

" Yep, let's go. "

We walked to the large school yard and joined into the festivities that were going on. The band was playing and that took me back to high school, dancing in the stands and on the field. I couldn't do that here because boys aren't allowed to be Stingettes, but trust me I will find a way.

" So, where you coming from? " he asked as we walked with our arms locked.

" Crestview in Daytona. " I told him. " You? "

" I came waaaaay from Washington. "

" Well damn, what you doing way up there? " I was curious.

" Well, my mother took a job offer out there a few years after my dad died, which was my 6th grade year. She thought it would be nice to start a new life." he said as we kept walking.

" Sorry about that! "

Johny's POV:

We were laughing and getting to know each other more. Ronni was really cool and chill. He was so open minded and wise. I think that we've become closer as friends and we just met each other.

" Freak! " a girl said to me as she walked by. I just hung my head low as her friends laughed.

" What was said? " Ronni asked her.

" Ronni, just..... "

" No, because what I find funny is that the bitch ain't got no edges and she wanna' laugh at somebody else. Eyebrows looking like the Grinch who stole Christmas, and your friends ain't no better wearing that dry ass makeup! " he said and people who were around laughed. They just walked away embarrassed.

" Thanks for helping me. " I thanked him.

" I'm pretty sure you can defend yourself, but I just hate people who walk around and target people for no reason! She doesn't even know you and she trying to come for you. " he snapped and I laughed.

The sun started to go down, and that's when the shit really started to get crazy. The frats and sorors came out and did their thang! I was really enjoying myself when I noticed that one guy kept looking at me. I think Ronni noticed too because he pulled at my arm.

" That's you? " he got wide eyes.

" I don't know! " I shrugged.

The guy motioned me to walk away from the crowd and over to him. Ronni let go of my arm and told me ' if you need anything, I'm right here! '

Danielle's POV:

The boy was finally alone and here was my chance to talk to him. I admired the way he took up for his friend and I knew that I needed the both of them on my squad. I don't fuck with bitches that try to fit it, we all need to be on the same page.

" Hey? " I tapped his shoulder.

" Hey beautiful? " he responded.

" Oh stop it! " I blushed. " I really admired the way you took up for your friend earlier. "

" He's no different than any of us walking around here, and he won't be treated as such. " he said.

" I hear that! " I agreed.