All Is Well

Devin's POV:

There was only a month of school left before Christmas break. I was so excited for my parents to meet Ronni. We've been going strong for 4 months now and it only gets better.

" I'm glad we're finally meeting the boy, you talk about him all the time. " she said placing flowers in a vase.

" I know, I wanted to bring him with me, but he's spending the holiday away as well. " I said.

" Well I'm happy for you baby! " she said kissing me on my cheek. " Now go stir the greens for me, and check on your son. I just put him down, but you know how that child is. "

She ran upstairs and I did exactly what she told me. Our family was set to arrive any minute now and I was excited to see all of the people that I had missed. Soon enough, the doorbell rung and the house filled immediately with my family. Warm smiles and hugs is all that I received.

" D, what's good? " my cousin Ryan questioned, dapping and hugging me.

" You already know. " I replied.

" Damn, get into college and you forget all about me? " he fake pouted.

" You know I would never do that! " I argued as we shared a laugh.

The night went on as everyone continued to enjoy each others company. I wished Ronni could come for Thanksgiving, but the three musketeers (Ronni, Danielle and Johny) went to see his parents in Atlanta. I really missed him so I decided to give him a quick call.

Ronni's POV:

" I miss you! " he said and that made me smile.

" I miss you too! We'll see each other soon. " I said and I heard him chuckle.

" Aight babe, I gotta' go. Ma' wants me to help her cut the cake! " he groaned sounding like he was getting up.

" Aight, and tell bae I said hey! " I stated sounding ratchet.

" Boy you a fool, bye. " he said dismissing me.

I turned my attention back to Danielle and Johny, who were getting well acquainted with my family. My parents really liked them and the vibes they brought.

" Hey son. " my father said breaking me out of my thoughts.

" Hey dad, what's going on? " I sighed.

" Can I talk to you for a second? " he asked and I nodded.

As we walked upstairs, I was scared. Every time those words would come out of his mouth, we would always end up arguing. First about my sexuality, secondly about my choices.

" Sit down? " he patted the spot next to him and I sat.

" Wassup? " I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat.

" Son, I'm sorry. " he started. " I'm sorry for freaking out the way I did when you came out to us! I had time to sit down and think about it, and I realize that we're not as close as we used to be. I miss that! You used to tell me everything, and now when you call you only want to talk to your mother! I can't say that I blame you because I don't. I'm sorry if I ever hurt your feelings, that will never be my intentions. " he admitted.

" You're still my dad, and no matter what you say, I will never stop loving you! You did hurt my feelings because we were close, and I didn't expect you to react like that. I got over it though! " I informed him.

" Your mother and I are really proud of you! " he said giving me a tight hug. " So who is this Devin boy? "

" My boyfriend. " I said and I could tell by the look on his face that he was a little taken back. It made me laugh and he smiled.

" Okay! If he ever does anything wrong, that's his ass. " he said.

" He won't, trust me. " I replied and there was an awkward silence.

" I have something for you! " he smirked.

" You and your surprises, what is it now? " I asked.

We walked downstairs with his hands over my eyes. If I fall, I'm going to beat my dad's ass! I felt my mother grab me and help me down the rest of the way. We walked into a warm place and I heard doors opening. He removed his hands from my face and I was astonished. It was the new Impala 2015.

" This is your early Christmas gift. " my dad said as I hugged and kissed them both.

" Damn, this bitch clean! " Danielle awed.

" Mouth, young lady? " my mother laughed.

" Sorry, Mrs. Thomas. " she replied and her and Johny came to give me a hug.

We all walked back inside and continued to have a good Thanksgiving break.